Prologue

New was a small town boy. He never went anywhere but he did have the urge to go away from all those people who didn't have anything better to do than to talk about what didn't concern them.

Everyone knew each other, and that really wasn't a good thing. When people know too much, people talk too much. After twenty years in Hat Yai, he just couldn't handle it anymore.

He even felt suffocated in the walls of his own home. His alcoholic father and he loved each other, of course, but it was really hard to live through every day knowing that it's going to be the same... Yelling, cursing, pleading, crying and fighting, every single day.

New needed to get away and college was his best chance to do it. So, when he got into college in Bangkok, he took the chance and fled. He just couldn't take it anymore.

He was sorry for leaving his mom alone, but his sisters were there to support her and to take care of her.

Another thing he was leaving behind was his best friend, Arm. Maybe it sounds weird, but that's what hurt the most.

Arm was his friend, his brother. They went through everything together and they needed each other to get through the day. And he was leaving him alone.

There was Mek, Arm's brother, but he was older than both of them. He didn't always get them and their problems, but helped them nonetheless. And New loved him too, adored him.

He had his own sisters, but he knew that he'll never have with them the same relationship that he has with Weerayut brothers.

That was a lifetime thing, and he knew it. They'll never leave each other. When the day of his departure came, New had a nervous pit in his stomach, but he knew that he had to leave. It was for the best.

He was going to study and he was going to make something of himself. He's going to leave that shitty town once and forever. He'll be an English major and he's going to have a good job, a nice life with a person he loves.

All of the people he loves will be next to him, all of them happy and satisfied he made it. And he'll tell them that he made it because of them. That's why he promised himself he won't cry. He'll go and he'll be strong.

His mom cried the most. She was happy he was doing something with his life, but he was her only son and it was hard to let him go. He hugged her tight and promised to call every day.

Arm took him to the train station. "Hey buddy", Arm smiled, but the tears in his eyes were obvious. New knew him. He was suppressing his tears too.

"You'll be okay, you know? We'll all be fine. I'll take care of your mom, and I'll take care of Mek, 'cause I know you need me to do it. The fucker might be older than us, but he's a right idiot."

The both laughed at that. Then they went silent. The silence stretched and it was interrupted when they announced that the train for Bangkok was leaving in five minutes. When New turned to say goodbye, even so choked up, he got an armful of Arm.

New hugged him back just as hard. "It's gonna be fine, Arm. I just need to know you'll be okay. We'll still be in touch. We'll text and chat and Skype and I'll be back home as soon as I can. Don't worry, babe. We'll be okay. We always are."

New pulled back and took his bag in his hands. Arm chuckled. "Stop it, we sounded so girly right now, man."

His smile faltered but it was still there. The way his eyes crinkled was so endearing that New thought about missing this train and taking another one, just to stay here hugging his only friend. "I'll be fine. Go now, you'll miss the train."

They hugged again and New started towards the queue to get his ticket. He took one last look towards Arm, but he was already gone. New understood. It was hard on both of them.

When he got on the train, his phone buzzed in his pocket. There were three messages.

The first one was from his mom, saying: "Call me when you get there, love. Don't forget, New." He smiled at the thought of his mom's warning.

The other one was from Gun: "Hey bitch, see you 2nite. I heard there's a party tmrw nite ,btw. 'S a good way to start college, right? And don't roll ur eyes at me bitch, ur going. :p Luv u. :D :D :D"

New laughed out Gun at his friend's stupidity. Gun was his second best friend. He was the biggest idiot New knew, but he loved him wholeheartedly and Gun did the same. They balanced each other.

Where New was quiet and shy, Gun was Gun and wild. But together they could beat everything and everyone. Partners in crime, they were.

New sent back: "Yes, Gun ;) See ya tonight, darlin'. :D "

The third was from Arm: "Love u man, gonna miss u so much." Tears welled in New's eyes. His heart broke a little when he texted back: "Love you too. I'll miss you, AWC."

The train started to move while it took New to his new life, that he never imagined.