Chapter 14

Mikayla and Nikolai just left and were all sitting in the living room

Mikayla and Nikolai just left and were all sitting in the living room. Vincenzo, Enzo, Giovanni and Carlo are sitting on one couch. Me and Isabel are sitting on the other with Amelia on my lap. Antonio, Rocco and Luca are sitting on the ground. Everyone is having their own conversations when Amelia asks me a question.
"Nonno are you happy to have us here." I notice everyone died down and now looking at Amelia.
"Of course I am. I'm even happier to have you as a granddaughter." I give her a kiss on the cheek she giggles.
(Grandpa)
Isabel tells us that we should go eat dinner and we walk into the dining room. And all sit down
"So I have a surprise for everyone. Mostly Amelia and Mikayla. Everyone is coming"
They all stop eating and drop their forks except for Amelia and Isabel.
"Wait what?" "Really?!" "When are they coming" my sons asked at the same time.
"They leave in a couple hours and will arrive in the morning."
"Nonno who's they" Amelia asks while looking at her uncles in confusion. "Well bambina, 'they' are your family. Mine and Grandmas brothers and sisters and parents"
(Baby)
"Will they like me and mommy" I wave my finger to tell her to come to me. I pull her on my lap and she looks up at me with tears in her eyes. "What if they don't like us, will we have to leave again"
I hug her tightly to my chest and look up to see my sons looking at us with sad eyes. My wife was tearing up.
"Listen neonata, you are never going anywhere again. Our family will love you. I told them about you and they're so excited to meet you. I want you to know that their your family to and they would never do anything to hurt you to make you feel unwelcome. Si?"
(Baby girl.... Yes)
"Si Nonno, ti amo"
(Yes grandpa, I love you)
"Ti amo anch'io, mio tesoro"
(I love you too sweetheart)
Everybody has a smile on their face and we continue eating supper.
*************
It's time for Amelia to go to bed. I carry her up to her room. She's sitting on my hip and she's leaning her head on my shoulder. I walk into her closet and get her changed into some pj's
"The butterflies" she whispers.
I got to the butterfly pjs Mikayla bought her and get her changed.

I walk her to her bathroom and brush her teeth. I walk her to her put and go to put her down but she won't let go.
"Piccola cosa c'è che con va?"
(Baby what's wrong?)
"Nonno voglio dormire nel letto di mamma" she says in a sleepy voice.
(Grandpa I wanna sleep in mama's bed)
"Ok"
I walk across the hall into my daughters room and pull back the comforter. I put Amelia in the bed and pull the blanket over her. I kiss her forehead.
"Buonanotte amore mio, avere un buon sonno. Ci vediamo domattina"
(Goodnight my love, have a good sleep. I'll see you in the morning).
She whispers a goodnight and kisses the air because she tired and I already pulled away. I chuckle light and I walk out the door. I walk to my room to find my wife in bed reading. I change and climb in next to her.
"So they're all coming tomorrow. Was it a smart idea to not tell Mikayla."
"I think so, she will be surprised and if we would have told her she would have been freaking out."
"Ya I guess your right. Well we better get to bed. We have a long day tomorrow. Good night my love"
"Goodnight"
I close my eyes and let the darkness take over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 14 done

Thoughts?