Chapter 6

I sit Meels down next to me and open the key cover on the piano

I sit Meels down next to me and open the key cover on the piano. I touch the keys and look and Meels and smile. She gives me a bright smile back and I start playing.

When I look at my life
Wanna see myself shine on the dance floor
But I won't get it right till I stop asking why
And just let it go
Sometimes I take a look at my life
I take a look at my life and just let it go
And say oh, oh
Wanna get it, yeah
Gonna get it, don't need a lot of gold

Meels puts her head on my arm and I look down and she's looking back up at me with such a big smile.

Looking for the rainbow to break the storm inside of me
The rainbow to take the clouds that hide in me
All I want is someone to heal the heart inside of me
The rainbow, it could be the start of me

I play this song for Amelia whenever she gets sad. I never used to have a piano at home so after Frank and Mia left the house we would walk to the neighbor's house and she would let me practice on hers. If I couldn't get near a piano I would just sing for her.

Yeah, I'm down on my luck
But I'm still looking up, got a way to go
Gotta follow my gut, can't get stuck in a rut
I've been there before
Right now there's a road up ahead
And it's dangerous, oh oh
Fears gone, its my marathon
Maybe I'm getting close

Looking for the rainbow to break the storm inside of me
The rainbow to take the clouds that hide in me
All I want it someone to heal the heart of me
The rainbow, it could be the start of me

Looking for the rainbow
Everywhere that I go
Even in the shadows
I'm looking for the rainbow
When I'm at the end of my rope
There's a destiny 
Though it's meant for me
If I let it be

Looking for the rainbow to break the storm inside of me
The rainbow to take the clouds that hide in me
All I want is someone to heal the heart of me
The rainbow, it could be the start of me
It could be the start of me

I look down at Amelia and she has tears brimming in her eyes.

"Meels, honey what's wrong?"

" I love you, Mommy" she stands on the bench and wraps her arms around my neck

"I love you too babe"

That's when we hear a series of clapping. We both let go and turn to see mom, dad and the guys clapping. Luca and Emilio have tears brimming in their eyes from the exchange. Giovanni steps forward a little bit with a happy and guilty expression. He walks towards us and kneels on the ground in front of us. I look up at dad and he gives a little nod. I looked back down when Giovanni speaks.

"Mikayla I'm so sorry about what I said. I didn't mean anything I said. It's just I'm scared. I'm scared to lose you again. Before you left we were so close and when you got taken I felt like my whole life disappeared. Then you showed up again with a daughter and I got scared it if got close to you something bad would happen."

"Giovanni, it's fine." He looks at me surprised

"I forgave you the moment you said it. Well after I punched you I did." All the boys chuckle a bit

"I know why people think. I got pregnant when I was 14. I hear the name people call me and my daughter and I'm used to it" He shakes his head which surprises me a bit

"No. You are nothing what those people think. You are amazing and strong for raising a 3-year-old at this age. Of course it's not ideal but you did an amazing job and raised an amazing little girl." That's when he turns to Amelia.

"Amelia I am so sorry for what I said. If I hurt you I apologize. I didn't mean any of it. You are not a mistake, you are the best little girl ever, not to mention the cutest" he pinches her cheek with makes her smile and giggles.

"Can you forgive me?" Amelia gets off the bench and stands in front of him.

"If mommy can forgive you so can I. But you all have to do one thing" they all mutter ok.

"You have to start calling me Lia, you're family right mama?"

She turns to me and I nod. She turns back.

"Mama calls me nicknames, so you guys have to too."

They all smile and Giovanni picks her up.

"Thank you. Both of you and I'm sorry again" I stand up and we both give Giovanni a hug to show him we forgive him. The rest of them join in and we have a nice long family hug.

When we pull away dad finally speaks.

"Ok now that that's resolved, Luca how about you show the girls their room and they can go to bed. You guys have had a long day. And Mikayla tomorrow morning after you wake up and eat, we will have a talk okay?"

"Okay"

Giovanni hands me back Amelia and we all say our goodnights while following Luca out.

He leads us up the stairs to the second floor.

"Okay, so this is where all the bedrooms are. Upstairs on the third floor is the game floor, so there's a cinema and a game room, and a lounge room. Here are the bedrooms, they go from oldest to youngest, and then some spare rooms on the other side of the stairs. Mom and Dad are in the room at the end on the left. Then Enzo is right across on the right. So on the left are Mom and Dad, Carlo, Gio, Tony, and You. Right is Enzo, Emil, Rocco, Me and Lia. We put you and Lia across from each other just in case anything happens. We put the bag you brought in your room and tomorrow after your talk we're gonna take you and Lia shopping."

We say our good nights and Luca walks away. Meels follows me into my room and we are shocked.

The room is huge. She goes and jumps on my bed and asks if she could sleep with me tonight. I say yes and we get changed into one of the PJs I brought for each of us and we get to bed and fall asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sixth Chapter Done

Thoughts?

Next Is just gonna show all the rooms and the house.