Chapter 9

Mikayla threw up blood and collapsed in my arms

Mikayla threw up blood and collapsed in my arms. I got Vincenzo to go run and quickly get Amelia and then we all got in our separate cars and drove to the hospital.

We rushed her to the hospital we own and went to our private Mafia section of the hospital we put there. I give her to our doctor and he rushed her into surgery after we told him what happened. That was four hours ago.

Every hour some nurse has been giving us updates about what's going on. Right now it's around three in the morning Amelia is sleeping on Enzo's lap. Everyone is sleeping except me and Enzo.

After about thirty minutes the doctor comes out and I wake everyone up except Amelia. They doctor tells us she had internal bleeding and 3 broken ribs. He also told us she has bruises, cuts and carvings that vary from around 4 days to a couple years old. He also told us she showed signs of child abuse.

He said we could see her and that she's sleeping so we brought her into a private room with a couple of extra big beds so we could all sleep there as well.

***********************************************

TW- Mention of Abuse and Rape

Beep
Beep
Beep

I woke up to hear this really annoying beeping. I open my eyes to find myself in a unfamiliar room. I look to my left and find my brothers sprawled out on one bed and the couch and to my right is my parents on another med with Amelia. I look around some more and figure out I'm in a hospital. I press the button the remote beside me to get the doctor in here.

"Hey, you're awake" he says quietly after seeing everyone still sleeping.

"I'm Doctor Morelli, how are you feeling."

"I'm fine, a little sore. What happened"

"Well you had some internal bleeding and you had to have surgery. You also have 3 broken ribs. I have a question for you. We're you abused as a child before you came to your family." I hesitate but eventually give a little nod.