Chapter 1

TW- Abuse

TW- Abuse

It's 6:30 pm and I'm sitting on the roof and my aunt Mia and uncle Franks house. I am looking at the clouds just wondering what I did to deserve such an awful life. My body is filled with bruises and I'm pretty sure I have at least a couple of broken ribs from Frank's beating earlier.

Flashback

It's almost 4 and I'm making supper for Mia and Frank, I'm just about finished when Frank comes in. He walks over to me and stops a couple of steps away and I can already smell the alcohol on his breath. He looks at what I'm cooking when he asks.

"Did you eat any of this food?" He slurs a bit since he's drunk.

"No sir," I reply in a quiet voice with my head down not daring to look him in the eyes. He said it was disrespectful. That's when he gets angry.

"YES YOU DID, DON'T LIE TO ME". He slapped me so hard that I fell to the ground. He started kicking me in the ribs and punching me in the face.

"DON'T EAT MY FOOD, YOU LITTLE BITCH. YOU DON'T DESERVE IT".

I looked up to see Mia standing at the doorway of the kitchen watching with a big smile on her face. "We're leaving and we'll be back tomorrow after your go to school don't even think about eating our food" Mia says with a disgusted look on her face. Frank and Mia walk out of the kitchen and out of the house, and I don't let go of the breath I didn't know I was holding until they slam the door.

End of flashback

That's when I hear my daughter Amelia crying. I walk upstairs to the attic where we sleep to find her sitting up on the mattress on the floor in the corner of the room.

"Mommy, I'm hungry". Even though Amelia's only 3, she's very ahead of her age group and can already put together full sentences.

"Hey babe, I know you're hungry, how about we go to the diner and get some food ya." She nods her head vigorously.

I open the hole of the cut mattress and get out 40 bucks. I have to hide my money because if I don't they will take it and use it to buy more drugs.
*********************
We just got to the diner and the nice lady that we always see named Jenna gave us our regular. Grilled cheese with fries and a chocolate milkshake. After we eat we start to walk home when I get a call on the phone a bought a couple of years ago.

"Hello"

"Hello is this Mikayla Black"

"Yes, this is she"

"Hi, this is officer Diaz with the New Jersey police department, I was wondering if you could come to the station to talk"

"Ummm... Sure, I'm on my way"

"Ok see you in a little, bye"

"Bye"

When I get off the phone and look at Amelia and I ask "Wanna go on a trip"

"Yes Mommy". We start to make our way to the station when Amelia lets out a yawn and rests her head on my shoulder and closes her eyes. I give her a kiss on the forehead and continue walking.
**********************************

We walk into the police station and I ask for officer Diaz and an officer takes me to his office.

"Hi Mikayla, thank you for coming on such short notice"

"Oh it's no problem, you said you had news for me"

"Yes, have a seat" I sit on the chair opposite of him behind his desk and I put Amelia on my lap and lay her head on my chest so she's in a comfortable position.

"I am so sorry to tell you this but your aunt and uncle got into a car accident, it looks like they were drunk and they died on impact" My lips parted a little in shock but otherwise I didn't give a reaction. He sat there waiting for one but when he didn't get it, he continued on.

"We did a little search with your prints on file and found your biological parents and brothers" that's when I got confused.

"Parents? Mia and Frank said I didn't have any".

" No, you do, they immediately agreed to take you in"

That's when he points to the corner and I see three men in expensive suits looking back at me. Two are definitely younger than the third.

'I guess that's my father and brothers'.

"Ciao Principessa, I am Marco Bianchi, your father and these are two of your older brothers Vincenzo and Carlo" I look at my brothers and they both look at me emotionless.

"Hi, I'm Mikayla and this is my daughter Amelia"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
First chapter done

Next is gonna be Mario's pov

Thoughts?