Chapter 44

I shifted and shuffled in my sleep. I finally gave in and shot up. Aizawa was peacefully sleeping next to me. I got out of bed and left the room. As I walked down the hall I heard a faint cry and sniff. I followed the sounds and it led to Shinso's room.
"Baby?" I knocked on the door lightly. The sound instantly stopped "I'm coming in ok?" I slowly opened the door and Shinso was curled up in his bed with the covers over him "Shinso sweetie" I sat next to him "talk to me what's wrong?" He moved the covers and showed me his face. His eyes were blinded by tears as they ran down and stained his face.
"I miss my mum" he sniffed "I miss her so much" he busted out into tears.
"I'm sorry sweetie" I hugged him. He cried into my chest. I rubbed his back and let him release everything "Shinso" I looked down at him.
"Yeah" he looked up at me.
"So um, I contacted your family members including your mother's parents and they said that she would've wanted to be cremated" I said "so I uh got you something"
"What?" He sat up.
"I was going to let you find it yourself but I don't think you would've found it because of how much we're actually at home" I stood up and walked over to his dresser. At the bottom drawer, there was a box. I picked it up and gave it to him.

"I hope you like it" I sat next to him. He opened the box and found a locket and a cylinder pendant necklace.

 He opened the box and found a locket and a cylinder pendant necklace

He opened the locket and it had a picture of him and his mother inside it

"Is this her?" He pointed at the cylinder pendant. I nodded "it's beautiful" he smiled "thank you" he sniffed.
"I'm so happy you like it" I sighed relieved.
"You mixed her with her favourite crystals" he stared at the pendent "how did you know that her favourite crystals were obsidian and jade?" He looked at me.
"She told me" I said "when you guys were having fun at the sleepover I got to know your mother"
"Words can't describe how much this means to me" he smiled.
"Its really no problem Shinso" I smiled.
"Please call me Hitoshi"
"Of course Hitoshi" my smile grew "ok you have a big day today, it's too early, so you need to sleep, do you want to sleep in my room?"
"Yes please" he rushed out of bed "your bed is so comfortable"
"How do you know?" I asked.
"When you were making dinner I took a nap in your bed" he smiled "I don't know something about it looked so comfy, I couldn't resist"
"Alright" I covered the box and left it on his desk "let's go"