Chapter 106

Sooni laid in bed wondering if this was the right thing to do. We could fight the council but we don't have enough strength as a clan yet. That would be a greater gamble. But to know what pain Chris is going through....it was unreasonable.

Sooni growled at the ceiling, they didn't need this chit right now! She rolled over and got out of bed. Next bearing, Chris would be keeping her ass home with them. She would make sure of it!

The missions the council would give would continue if she kept going to space to Dar'ke. We have found out which council members are targeting her. Unfortunately they had been appointed by the Emperor himself.

Even though Dar'ke is the blood of the emperor as well as being blessed by Paya, still makes this situation difficult. As he has yet to prove himself to his Sirer the Emperor. The Emperor has a rule of not interfering in family and clan affairs. That's why the council was formed in the first place.

However corrupt it may be the council does help in maintaining order to a point. This will change in the future but it would be better to do it once the pups are grown. This will be the last time that Sooni plans to be bearing for a while...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Waking up on the ship, it sounds quiet. I am still wrapped up on the blankets. I don't hear Sa'ke around he must still be outside. I snuggle down in the furs. My heart feels heavy, I snuggled down in the blankets and I get out my transmitter.

I just needed to hear Dar'ke voice...I won't ask for help, I need to keep things positive. I send out a transmission, to my surprise I hear a heavily breathing Dar'ke on the other end.

"Dar'ke are you okay you sound out of breath? Are you looking after yourself?" I ask him in concern and joy that I could speak to him.

"Chris I am just training in my training room I have been waiting for more of your messages." He says to me. His voice goes a little shaky. "Chris I,...I mean we are gonna be able to meet up in three months. I also know that you have taken extreme damage" he says to me with a low growl.

I was so happy that I would be able to see him in a few months sooner. I started to cry.

"Chris I can be where you are in a day just say the word" Dar'ke said to me huskily.

I was tempted to tell him to come now. I knew he would in a heart beat. I just couldn't, "As much as I want to be in your arms right now...we have to protect the family and the clan." I said to him softly and sadly.

"How have things been on the ship? Any word on the family?" I asked try to change the subject.

I could hear Dar'ke leaning his frame against the wall in his training room. I could see a clear vision of it in my head. He let's out a sigh...

"Hopper and Ceillia finally became mates, the clean up of the failed Chiva went smoothly. Tanomi dropped of Dee while we were there. She took out his eye due to her anger and broke most of my ribs. Tanomi, Sooni and Maini are all upset as well angry. Lu'Nye found out what happened and has been acting out. I may need to pick him up and bring him on ship if he keeps putting anymore stress on Sooni." He said to me in an even but slightly annoyed tone.

"I hope that this will pass soon. I can't wait to see them all. How are your ribs doing Dar'ke? Are you hurt anywhere else?" I say going into a mother hen mode, as I start to worry over everyone.

Dar'ke is silent for a moment an I thought we have a lost transmission.  But then he speaks "My hearts hurt, Chris..." Dar'ke said to me.

I felt my heart pang with pain. "Mine hurts too Dar'ke. I miss you so much." I say while gripping the transmitter tightly. I curl up into a ball on the bed.