Chapter 43

The sparks were flying, blades were being swung. I was never so happy that Krysis took over!! This was like a epic anime battle except less screaming and sassy banter.

I know that Krysis was having difficulty in her blows against Nomi. My body was small and not as powerful. However what I lackedin strength I made up in speed and agility! We were avoiding most hits!

Nomi came at us with a powerful blow from above we couldn't dodge it. However Krysis used the handle of one scythe to meet that blade and draw it up to the scythe blade and flung it far out of Nomi hand!

While using our other scythe to block an incoming side sneak attack. We push Nomi back and regroup our composure. There was not a nice or scratch in our light armor. Avei would be my go to gal from now on! Was all I could think of.

Nomi comes at us with only the one sword and comes in low. She fakes us out by punching us hard in the gut that sends us into the arena wall. I know several ribs are broken. Krysis and I cough up some blood.

'Krysis you can do this!!' I say to her

'Chris this isn't easy at all. I hadn't taken in account that our body wouldn't have enough strength to slice through that bitch!' Krysis says to me

'Well sorry for being an Ooman, I have a plan that might help. We can do some decent cuts but we need to aim for soft spots. Like the back of Nomi legs, her inner arms, any place that can knock her down! Once we can do that we can take her head!" I say to Krysis

'Chris I think you are more yautja then you think. You are going to be a great hunter in the future' Krysis says to me

Nomi has gotten her other sword and then rushes at us again. Krysis dodges and ducks between Nomi's legs and slices at the tendons in Nomi's ankles. Getting them both in one blow before rolling away and returning to a standing position.

Nomi goes down on one knee she is using one of the swords as a cane so she isn't completely down for the count. Every hit from now was going to count.

We rush back in and go for Nomi's front right side. Just as we get close Nomi pulls out a vial from her garments and smashes it on to our face. While slicing us deep in our left side with her sword. FUCK!!!

The liquid was burning our eyes and  painfully there was small shards of glass embedded into my eyes and face. We start to lose vision.

'Chit! Why haven't the elders interfered?" Krysis asks me

'They aren't going to...I think this was planned. Nomi isn't smart enough to have something like this up her sleeve. Plus she was searched when she was taken into prison' I say to Krysis

I can feel the panic rising in both of us as the world gets blurry. We see Nomi get up and rush us again with a kick sending us flying back into the wall. This time we end up vomiting our breakfast and a lot of blood.

I realise we can't hear anything but ourselves. Not good 'Krysis can you lock into the smell of Nomi or the smell of her blood?

'I can try Chris' Krysis says as we take a deep breath I can feel a pressure change on the left and we are bearly able to dodge Nomi swords I feel like some of my hair get cut off in a whoosh moment.

Our hearing is returning slowly I can hear fighting between the guards and Dar'ke. We need to end this quickly or else the blood would really be flowing. Speaking of which I coughed up a lot more blood at that point.

We were starting to get a bit whoozie from the blood loss and what ever substance we got on/in ourselves from that vial!

Nomi comes up and is about to punch us again. However Krysis is quick to react and we Slice of Nomi's right arm off at the elbow! Then goes low and separates her at her right knee! Sending Nomi to the ground face first.