Chapter 65

As we arrived outside the training hall I wake my little mate up. She stretches sleepily and wiggles out of my grasp. She pulls out bags of apples and bowls of jerky as well as brew and c'ntlip barrels. She also pulls out a few bowls of bacon and sausages as well.

Even before she is done with the last bowl Hopper has already peeked his head around and stolen a few bowls of snacks and a large barrel of c'ntlip. Dee and Fa'tae wobble out of the training room to help load in the supplies to the other injured training yautja.

Dee asks "Matriarch will you be back to training tomorrow?" He asks with hope in his eyes. I give him a low growl of warning. Dee shrinks back a bit.

"I will definitely be back tomorrow for training and in the kitchen." Chris says full of energy

Dee seemed to have perked up, and I give him a subtle growl for him to get back to training. I felt a small soft hand on my arm. I looked down and saw an unhappy Chris who gave me a scolding look. I chitter at her and stroke her cheek.

"Chris I wasn't doing anything that was unwarranted. They needed to get back to training." I said to her

"Dar'ke I appreciate you being protective of me. However its just Dee...? I mean him and Fa'tae are like pups to me. They mean no harm" she said while poking me.

"Dar'ke you are my Mate! The only male in my life that I will ever mate with from now till we pass." She said gripping my hand in hers. I felt my breath catch in my throat. With just those words I felt higher and more thrilled then any hunt I have ever been on!

I purred at her and swept her off her feet again and headed towards the med bay. With her protesting along the way that she could walk. "Dar'ke!! This isn't fair I can walk" she said to me.

"Chris just indulged me for a little longer. It's either I hold you or I take you right here in this hallway." I growl at her playfully

She stops protesting and I see a flush of red creep up from her chest to the top of her head. Oomans were easily embarrassed apparently. "Chris you need to save your energy for later...you made me a promise" I chitter at her

"I know Dar'ke but you don't have to let the entire ship know!!" She squeaks loudly at me. Before getting lost in her own thoughts. We make it into the medical bay, I lay her down on the bed to get the scan for Maini done. The healers get to work and I keep a very sharp eyes on them.

"Dar'ke, is everything going well?" Chris asks after the has been done.

"Seems everything is normal Chris there is nothing to worry about" I purr to her to calm her concern.

I go into pick her up off of the medical bed and she dodges me and hops of the bed. "Dar'ke I have been to lazy I need to walk I need to move! It would be unhealthy for the pups if I was carried around everywhere all the time." She scolds me with Logic.

I can't fight back, she did make a sound argument. I also didn't want her to do a silly demonstration like she did with Sooni to me in front of the healers. Mind you that would give me reason to keep her locked up in the room...it wasn't the worse idea I ever had.

I shook my head I needed to keep calm. We were going to be passing by a large clusters of comet's soon. "Chris  did you want to come to the bridge with me?"

She tilted her head and kept an arm length and a half away, she was not sure if I would pick her up again. "Do you mean right now? Would that be okay?" She asks me suspiciously and excitedly.

I nod to her and wave to her to follow me. She keeps close behind me, I make sure to keep my pace slow so her short legs could keep up. I chittered to myself. Then I suddenly felt her hand reach up and grab the leather strap on my back plate.