Chapter 91

After the meal in the dining hall I head towards the training room. I can't believe Crashed poked me in front of Dar'ke like that!

I am still so confused about Ceillia. I wish I could remember what her answer was to me. That is gonna bug me all day. I would see if I could sneak away for a little bit to ask her.

Would that even be appropriate? I may have been drunk yesterday but I was very serious about what I said to her. Also would she even still want to sleep together?

I was getting use to the warmth of cuddling before sleeping. The talks that Ceillia and I had before sleeping were very different. It was hard to describe, I wonder if this is why Dar'ke would rush off to go sleep with Chris.

I get into the training hall to see that some of the young ones were already practicing. An sharing clips from their first Ooman hunt. Normally I would proud of them showing off. It just felt weird now...I am just happy that Ceillia wasn't one of those that were hunted.

After I talk with Ceillia later if she agrees to become my mate, I have to message Vil'Lai. Ugh...that was not going to be fun call. She was one you had to be careful with. If she got angry and showed it you were safe...however If she was angry and appears pleasant. All is pauked!

I gather the hunters around I take questions before we start. That way I can get an idea of what to get Chris to make clips of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OldOne was making sure that everything was cataloged in the kitchen. The Matriarch was taking a quick nap as Ceillia was cleaning up dishes.

Dee and Fa'tae had headed to training with Hopper. It was going to be a bit of a challenge. OldOne wanted to let the Matriarch know what was happening. When Ceillia was distracted he hobbled over to where Chris was sleeping.

OldOne tossed a small gizzar bone at Chris to wake her up. "Matriarch...I need to discuss something with you." OldOne says gruffly.

"OldOne couldn't it have waited until after nap time" Chris says yawning.

"Unfortunately no...I need to fill you in but you can't tell Dar'ke.." OldOne says to her.

Chris wrinkles her forehead in concern "OldOne tell me what's going on." She says to him.

OldOne fills in Chris with Bru'taes plan as well as the counter plan that Sooni came up with. However he left out who was the one who was going to try and kidnap her. It was best that she was suspicious of both of them to keep her guard up around them.

"So OldOne what your saying is Bru'tae is blackmailing either Dee or Fa'tae to kidnap me. That they're bearer clan is in trouble. Sooni knows about this and has sent Tanomi and others to help that bearer clan. That all of this is about to go down in 5 days?" Chris says flatly, and not impressed but rather she seemed pained.

"Matriarch I am sorry to burden you with this but for your own protection." OldOne says and hands her a portable shield generator. "I don't want anything to happen to you or your pups. Keep this in your inventory and use it! This is a powerful shield that even if you get blown out of a ship you use this you would be fine for a long while" OldOne says while pressing it into Chris's hands.

"I will take it OldOne, thank you. I will make sure to keep safe." Chris says with a weary smile.

OldOne seems satisfied, tells her to continue to nap and walks away....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How am I suppose to sleep now!?!!? I mean I am happy for the gift OldOne gave me. But to know that one of my personal guards was being blackmailed...it hurt my heart. I know OldOne did this to protect me and them.