Chapter 73

Having Dar'ke looming over me as I worked on Ceillia was getting to be a bit much. "Dar'ke she is unconscious right now and she has a fever. She won't be much trouble." I say to him with a sigh.

He chatters at me "Chris I am taking no chances with you right now." In a grumpy tone.

I had disarmed Ceillia earlier when we were traveling to make sure all weapons and armor where off her. I had taken warm soapy water out of my inventory and washed her wounds and cleaned her up. Hopper had done a pretty good job at sealing them. They were going to scar however.

Mind you battle scars seem to attract Yautja then put them off...so not necessarily a bad thing.

"Dar'ke I want you to cloak when she wakes up. She will probably be in a bit of a shock. Seeing how she reacted before she has probably not had the best experience with Yautjas." I say to him concerned

He nods in response, I walk over and give my big Space kitty a hug! Dar'ke was the best mate I could have asked for! He purrs loudly and hugs me back. Just then Ceillia starts to stir, "No growling either please" I whispered to him and I release him and head over to Ceillia.

I make sure to give Ceillia plenty of room as she slowly starts to wake up I pull my backpack of snacks out of my inventory. I walk over to her slowly "Umm please be careful when moving you still are badly injured and it probably hurts more if you move." I say to her in a concern tone.

She looks around wildly and whinces. I know that pain all to well. "Hello my name is Chris. Your are in my Ma...Husband's ship. You were unconscious and gravely wounded. I help to tend to your wounds"

Ceillia seems to relax a bit and tries to sit up. "Thank you Chris, ouch...are we still on the planets surface? We need to leave right now we are in danger. There are predators here!" She tries to  warn me in a panic. 

I could feel Dar'ke shift behind me. He hated that they were call predators. They were hunters not mindless killing and eating machines.

"Okay slow down there first may I have your name? And what's going on?" I ask her sweetly while handing her a bottle of water to drink.

"Thank you Chris, My name Ceillia...." Ceillia then goes into detail how they got here and what happened. "You know Chris it was a blessing and a curse that the predators came when they did. I hope they take out my former crew mates." She said bitterly.

I hear her stomach growl and I pull out some bags of jerky, egg sandwiches and hostess chocolate cupcakes. She eyes the cupcakes with glee. Ahhh she has a sweet tooth like me.

"This looks amazing! Thank you" Ceillia says while tucking into the food and making sure I am eating as well. It was only fair as she just been given food by a stranger.

She saves the cupcakes for last and looks at them sadly. "Is it okay for me to eat these?" Ceillia asks

"Ceillia when your hurt sweet foods help you recover faster!" I scolded her like a mother hen.

Ceillia smiled sheepishly and tucked in. She looked like she had a food wars food bliss moment. It was rather cute.

"Chris you need to get your husband and we need to get out of here right away!" Ceillia said with more confidence.

I could feel Dar'ke hand on my shoulder. "Ceillia I am going to explain a few things to you first. The very first thing is that we are safe, we will not be harmed by the predators. Also they are called Yautja not predators" I say to her in a calm voice.

"Chris you can't possibly know that we are safe from them." Ceillia says getting a little aggressive with me in tone. I can feel Dar'ke tense up behind me.