Chapter 92

"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO MY MATE!!" I Roared at Ceillia and OldOne.

Ceillia was scared beyond able to speak. OldOne on the other hand looked deeply concerned.

"IF NONE OF YOU SPEAK UP I WILL TAKE YOUR LIVES HERE AND NOW!" I roared furious at the two of them.

"Dar'ke...." I heard Chris's weak voice then felt her hand reach out to hold one of my finger. I fall to my knees besides the medical bed. Her vision looked cloudy like when she had been poisoned.

"Clan leader Dar'ke, the Matriarch was getting up from a nap on the shelf bed. When we walked in to check up on her when she went to get up she suddenly collapsed. If Ceillia hadn't been there to rush and catch her. The Matriarch could have been in more danger. Speaking to the healers, her body needs rest. Due to emotional and physical stress on her body it caused a bout of hypertension. That spiked her blood pressure then sent it dangerously low." OldOne said to me somberly.

"Are the pups okay?" Chris said in a weak but panicky voice.

"They are fine, we got you here just in time that the healers were able to prevent anything serious from happening to them" OldOne purrs softly at Chris.

I hug Chris around her shoulders and she started to cry in my arms. I order OldOne and Ceillia to get out of my sight. I didn't want them to see Chris crying.

They left and I stood up and sat on the bed gathering Chris into my arms. She was crying so hard. It was hurting my heart that I couldn't do anything but hold her! I felt so Angry and Helpless! I rub her back and purr to her to help calm her down.

After Chris's sobs turn to hiccups, and she calms down a bit. A healer comes in and gives her more fluids. The suggest that Chris be on strict bed rest for the next 2 weeks at minimum. That once the fuilds are done I can take her back to our room.

"Thank you" Chris tells them. They bow and leave the room.

"Dar'ke I am sorry for disturbing your work like this." Chris says as she buries her head into my chest. As another sob takes hold of her.

I hold her tightly "Chris don't be so foolish nothing is more important then you and the pups!" I growl at her.

I feel her shiver from fear in my arms...I pauked up. I start to purr at her again. "Chris what is going on that is causing you so much stress?" I ask her concerned.

"Dar'ke...I.." as she was about to speak she stiffened up when Hopper, Dee and Fa'tae arrived.

"Matriarch!" Both Dee and Fa'tae said at the same time in concern. Chris's grip tightened on my shoulder strap and I can feel fear coming from her. This was not right. Dee and Fa'tae didn't seem to notice but Hopper stood back and was silent.

I growl at them to back off "Hopper get them out of my sight! If they couldn't see She was this sick earlier today, they will need to be punished severely later on!" I Growled in rage sending Dee and Fa'tae to cower behind Hopper.

"Dar'ke don't hurt them please" Chris looks up at me with sadden eyes.

"OUT!" I shout them. "Hopper wait...tell Ceillia thank you for saving Chris." Hopper nodded and walked off .

The fuilds were done and Chris had been given another scan. Both of the scans were sent directly to Maini's clinic. I was given the okay to take Chris back to our room.

I pick her up carefully, her face was red and swollen. Hopper said he would take over the next training so I could stay with Chris.

Chris was very quiet, this frightened me to my very core. I had to get to the bottom of this. When we reach our room I head in and put Chris on the bed I go and grab a cloth and put water on it to gently wipe her face clean.