He freezes and, in this moment, I think I can count out every single wrinkle on his face.

"So, will you let me go take a shit or not officer?" I press.

"Y-yeah right." He stammers.

Officer Mc. Asschin cuts me a fucking ticket and sends me on my way.

In a matter of minutes, I'm back in Sunleth. I pull over to my designated parking spot, then turn off the ignition before exiting the car. I drag my feet across the rough pavement, with my keys in hand; I unlock the front gate and slowly pace inside, walking past Nox's apartment, headed for the laundry room in the building next to it.

The smell of chemicals and detergent intermingles in the air; most laundry rooms I've been at smell like wet dog, with all the moisture and humidity clinging onto the walls like a wet shower curtain, yet this place is neat and that's all because of Nox's diligence. The doors of the laundry machines are usually left open all night, all because of Nox's request of keeping them open in order to get rid of the bad smells. I walk past the table in the center of the room and take out a quarter from my pocket in order to get myself some Skittles when the sound of sniffling suddenly echoes in the wide space. I notice a crowded figure crouched on the floor right next to the vending machine.

I recognize her from her curly hair, "Bethany is that you?" I ask and she flinches out of surprise. I can hear her curse under her breath.

"H-hey neighbor," she says shakily "what are you doing here at this hour?"

"Could ask you the same." I shrug. "Just got back from a shit party at a frat house and I just wanted to get something to eat."

"Got the munchies huh?" She wipes her eyes with the back of her hand. "So, did you have a good time? Love the face makeup by the way."

"The fucking worst." I snort, as I toss the coin in the slot then press the buttons for a pack of Skittles. Once the machine pushes the pack out of the slot, it falls, so I pick it up from the disposal space and rip it open. I drag one of the chairs and plop down on it as I munch on my snack.

"What happened, if you don't mind me asking of course." Bethany asks, her voice hoarse.

I sigh, "Nothing much, I got angry at a dude who was harassing my friend and I punched the living shit out of him."

"That's very noble of you." She comments.

"Yeah, I don't think so." I murmur. "I attacked him because I wanted to vent my anger out."

"Not very noble of you then." She throws, her gray eyes twinkling in the dark.

"What happened to you?" I ask her.

She takes one deep breath before answering me. "Well, my husband is a piece of shit and I want him to die in the most painful way." Bethany then takes a can of beer from next to her and lifts it to her plump lips to take a sip. She looks at me and hands me a new one.

"I've had a lot to drink." I say.

A lot doesn't begin to cut it after all the shit I pulled.

"Suit yourself."

"What did that husband do?"

"He only got another woman pregnant while we were together, and I had to find out from his shit stain friend." She says as-a-matter-of-factly and takes another sip before resting her head against the cold metallic surface of the vending machine. "Coincidentally enough, that woman happens to be my best friend."

Wow.

"So, yeah, I feel like driving my car through a wall." She says with a pout.

"I think you should drive your car over your husband."