54 | triggered

Jimin

My hands are clenched around the steering wheel. I'm going 80 mph, the street ahead of me is empty and dark and I just might flip over my damn car if I continue driving at this rate. The alcohol that's burning in my veins, is giving me all the balls, I need to be brash, reckless, and audacious. My head is pounding, and my skin is feverish hot, pearls of sweat are beaded all over the surface. A slight tremble has overtaken my arms, but I shake it off by hitting the gas and accelerating into the distance.

I run a hand through my hair as my mind makes circles around itself, obsessing at the fact that Nox pushed me away back at the frat house in order to talk things out with Taehyung. She said it has nothing to do with me.

And that is true, it really has nothing to do with me. Other than the part that I ran my hands all over her when we were dancing, but that's another point.

I can respect that.

But I didn't want to leave her alone with him, only because I wanted to be the one, she confided in.

Uncontrollable anger started building itself up out of nowhere; I'm not a violent guy, but there was a handful of times when my emotions have gotten the best of me, and they might have had unpleasant consequences but it's not like I intentionally act on them. I don't know why I acted out the way I did at the frat house when I attacked Hunter and gave the dickface a broken nose; I was devastated when Nox told me to leave and when I saw Hunter put his hands on Cassie, I simply lost it. I didn't want any more mistakes to be made tonight and instead I caused more trouble.

I'm a fucking mess.

No wonder why Nox doesn't want me around.

The sound of police sirens echoes in the distance, and I notice the flickering lights from the rear-view mirror. Throwing my head back, I curse under my breath then slowly pull to a halt. I try my hardest to calm the fuck down as I finally turn off the ignition, then roll down the window. Keeping both hands on the steering wheel, I smile at the police officer who's lurking outside the vehicle.

"Good evening, sir. How are you doing?"

Shitballs, this is the last thing I want to deal with right now.

"Hello, officer,"

"Isn't it late to be out at this hour?"

I bite my tongue in order to prevent myself from throwing a snarky comeback that I'll probably regret in the foreseeable future when I turn to him calmly. "Just returning from my girlfriend's house officer. Had a huge fight, so I decided I shouldn't overstay my welcome."

"Is that so?" Officer Mc. Asschin retorts. "Do you know why I pulled you over?"

If he wants to fuck me, just lube up and get it done and over with man.

"No, sir."

"Do you know how fast you were going?"

As fast as your mother- "Yes, sir."

"Then you know why I pulled you over."

For crying out loud...

Instead, of losing my shit in front of this guy I simply take one deep breath and raise my arm to the back of my head. "Man, I really didn't want to say this, but I lied officer about the fight with my girlfriend."

"No shit," He snaps.

Ah, fuck I completely forgot I was wearing the skull makeup Cassie drew on my damn face.

"Yes, I was speeding officer." I continue. "Yes, I was going at 80 mph and then 100 mph, but the truth is I really need to take a shit. I live in the area so I figured if I went a little over the limit to reach the security of my apartment it would do little to no harm. So, if you want to give me a ticket, go ahead and do it, but do it fast because I think I'm going to shit my pants any minute officer. I went to a party and ate like a fuckton and the thing is I don't like using the bathroom in other places other than my own home, so let's just say that there's a lot of fuel built up."