Shower

So we've never met but our showers are on opposite sides of the same apartment wall so sometimes when we are in the shower at the same time we sing duets. Writing Prompt

——

It was a long day for Akaashi. He had worked late and was absolutely exhausted from today. It was around 10 pm and later than he usually got home.

He quickly got into the shower and warmed himself up. After a minute of relaxing in the quiet, he heard something from the other side of the wall.

Someone was singing a song that he knew. The voice sang rather well too. The voice was deep and gave you the feeling of sitting in front of the fire with hot cider with family or a lover. Obviously a man too.

The second verse started and Keiji decided to sing along with him.

The voice on the other side stopped when Keiji started but it quickly joined back in. Once the song was done and Keiji was finished showering, he turned off the water and grabbed a towel. He went to leave but knocked once on the shower wall, saying goodbye. He received a knock in return and left.

This happened a few more times and Keiji felt like waiting for 10 pm just to shower. The morning after their second encounter, Akashi found a note in front of his apartment. It asked for a list of bands he liked and what they could sing together.

This went on for a month straight before Akaashi came home just before midnight. He spent the whole day slaving away over this new project that had a completely inhumane deadline that only he could work on that day. His other partners were very good at helping and never dumped work. It just so happened that the one-night Akaashi left early, the others went out and got horrible food poisoning, leaving most of the poor souls on the bathroom floor of their own apartments.

Not only that but Akaashi was humiliated in a meeting he was not aware he was even having due to his boss's mistake, got yelled at by the said boss, and his mother was in the hospital after a hard fall, breaking her hip.

She would be absolutely fine but the stress was killing him.

Akaashi stepped into the shower and stared. He tried to sing to himself but his voice cracked and sounded weird with him sucking up snot and hysterically sobbing.

He crouched down and put his head on his knees as his butt touched the bottom of the tiny tub. His hand that was sliding down the wall hit a tube of shampoo that fell and landed on his head.

Could this get any worse?

Akaashi couldn't stop sobbing but was shocked out of his hysterical state by the sound of a voice, singing to him. A song that he really liked but never listened to because he always cried.

IDK you yet.

Baby, it's been hard.

They're selling me for parts.

I don't wanna be modern art.

But I only got half a heart to give to you.

And I hope it's enough.

How can you miss someone you've never met?

Cause I need you now but I do t know you yet.

But can you find me soon because I'm in my head?

Yeah, I need you now but I don't know you yet.

——

Bokuto woke up at around midnight to the sound of hysterical crying coming from the bathroom. When he went to check he realized it was coming from the shower on the other side of the wall.