(49) Human Sacrifices

Alex and Stiles were in Derek's apartment, nervously pacing around.

Boyd and Cora Hale, which was Derek's younger sister, had gotten out and was running around the woods. Boyd had almost killed two kids but Scott had gotten them out of there in time.

They were waiting on more news when Alex's phone suddenly started ringing.

It was Lydia. She had found a body at the pool, and was panicking.

"Okay, okay, we'll be there as fast as we can." She told the redhead through the phone and hung up. She shared a look with Stiles before they left the apartment and drove to where Lydia was.

Stiles parked his jeep at the pool by Lydia's car and Alex ran out.

"Lydia? Lydia, are you okay?" She asked her, running over to her best friend with Stiles following.

"I'm okay." She muttered. "That, over there, not okay."

She gestured to the dead guy on the lifeguard chair.

"Yeah, all right. I'm gonna call my dad." Stiles said fishing his phone out of his pocket.

"I already called 911." Lydia said.

"You called the police before you called us?" Stiles questioned, giving her a weird look, and Alex gave the same look to him.

"I'm supposed to call you first when I find a dead body?" Lydia asked in disbelief.

"Yes!" Stiles practically yelled which earned him a hit and look from Alex.

§{~}§

Stiles called Scott to inform him on the situation.

"Are you sure?" Scott asked him.

"Yep. Throat ripped out, blood everywhere. It's like the freaking Shining over here." Stiles said pacing back and forth. "If two little twin girls come out of the woods, start asking me to play with them forever and ever, I'm not gonna be surprised."

Alex rolled her eyes as she held her arm around Lydia's shoulders as they waited for the police.

"Can you get a little closer to make sure it was them?" Scott asked him.

"Make sure it was them? Scott who else is going around ripping throats out?" Stiles questioned his best friend.

"Please just do it." Scott asked him and Stiles sighed as he dropped his arm and phone to the side as he started getting closer to the dead body, and he noticed something, a purity ring.

§{~}§

Alex, Stiles and Lydia left the local pool after the police had asked them some questions, they drove Lydia home first with a police escort, and Alex followed her inside to make sure she was alright.

"You didn't have to follow me inside Als, I'd just like to be alone, without you or your annoying boyfriend interrupting." Lydia told her as they reached her room and Lydia sat down on her bed. Stiles had followed the two upstairs as well and Alex rolled her eyes.

"He's not.. I swear.." Alex muttered as she sighed and Stiles stood there awkwardly giving Lydia a little wave for some reason. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Sure, I believe you, but loverboy over there is dying to ask me a question so go ahead." Lydia commented gesturing to Stiles.

The pair standing in front of her had nearly stopped responding to her comments about them since she made them so often, but they both felt their hearts sting when the other denied them.