(44) The crows

Alex woke up the next morning, not as shaken as she would've been when all this first started.

She got her clothes out of the closet opening the door with her magic and lifting the clothes out with it as well.

She was a lot more confident with it now, and she didn't have to think about her heartbeat anymore.

She got her breakfast downstairs eating quickly before saying goodbye to her parents and going outside.

Stiles wasn't waiting in his jeep though so she went over to his house. No one answered when she knocked so she just went inside. She headed up the stairs and saw the sheriff standing in Stiles's doorway.

"You know how many vehicle collisions last year involved deer? 247,000." Stiles said while being on his computer.

"Oh, god, please go to school." The sheriff told his son.

"But that's crossing the road. This one last night came right down the middle."

"I'm not gonna beg you." The sheriff said walking into his room, Alex walked over to his room and leaned on the doorframe.

"Okay, good. I'm impervious to your influence anyway."

"Would you consider a bribe?" He asked his son.

"You couldn't meet my price."

"Extorsion?" He asked.

"You got nothing on me."

"Your girlfriend might." The sheriff suggested as he noticed Alex standing in the door.

Stiles turned his head in confusion and that's when he noticed Alex.

"Oh, I'm not- we're not" the sheriff walked outside before she could finish talking. "-and he's gone."

"Hey Allie, I'm just gonna finish this and then we can go." Stiles said starting to type something else in.

Alex walked over to him and started dragging his chair away from his desk.

"What are you doing?" Stiles asked her as she kept pulling him away. He tried keeping his hands on the laptop. "Allie, what are you doing?"

"Ahh!" Stiles exclaimed and he fell to the floor.

Alex laughed.

"Come on dumbass, we're gonna be late." She said as she started walking out of his room.

"Hey, isn't that my new shirt?" Stiles asked her, noticing what she was wearing. He had bought a new flannel during the summer.

"What, no?" She said, crossing her arms. "Why would you think that?"

"How did you even get that?" He asked her but she was already on her way downstairs.

"Come on!" She called out and he groaned, grabbing his bag.

"Can't even get a new shirt without her stealing it." He grumbled as he followed her outside.

§{~}§

"You wanna ask Derek for help? Why? Why?" Stiles asked Scott when the three of them were walking down the hallway.

"He's got the triskele tattooed on his back. So there has to be a way to do it without healing, right?" Scott said.

"Okay, yeah, but still, doesn't he have his hands a little full?" Stiles said pointing to the missing person posters on the wall for Erica and Boyd.

"Look, these are the applications for the career advisor. I need them sorted." The trio extended looks and went to go find the source of this British sounding voice. "And whatever happened to the library while I was gone, I want it cleared up."