(13) Allison's necklace and the Alpha

"Faster?" Scott asked as he drove away from the Argent car in Derek's car.

"Much faster." Stiles said as he, along with Alex, looked behind them and saw the car right behind them.

"Hey, Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car chase here." Stiles said as he looked behind the car again.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us." Scott countered.

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" Alex told him.

Scott continued speeding but began going faster as the turned a curb.

"They're gone." Alex stated as she looked behind her again.

Stiles picked up the radio and channeled into it.

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works." The sheriff said over the radio. All three looked at each other for a split second with a look of uncertainty.

They drove quickly to the iron works and they pulled up and stopped the car right where Derek was being targeted.

"Get in!" Stiles called out to him as he jumped to the back with Alex and they sat there pushed together as Derek ran into the car and a machine gun was firing at the car.

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott questioned Derek.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek exclaimed.

"Who, the Alpha?" Alex asked.

"Yes!" Derek snapped. "He was right in front of me, and the freaking police showed up."

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Stiles tried to defend but after the death glare he got from Derek he stopped.

"Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek commented.

"Can we seriously get past that?" Scott asked kind of distressed. "I made a dumbass mistake. I get it."

"All right. How did you find him?" Alex asked.

Derek looked at her and shook his head in disbelief.

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, the three of us." Stiles commented, but after the look from Derek he pulled that idea back. "Or just him, we'll be back here."

"Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out." Derek said. "She found two things. The first was a guy named Harris."

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles asked as got back between the front seats, Alex was just trying to listen from the backseat.

"Why him?" Scott questioned.

"I don't know yet." Derek told them.

"What's the second thing?" Alex asked him.

"Some kind of symbol." Derek said as he pulled out a piece of paper. Alex leaned forward as well to see what it was.

Scott and Alex sighed as they looked at the symbol, Scott was more obvious about it though.

"What?" Derek questioned when he noticed his reaction. "You know what this is?"

"I've seen it on a necklace." Scott told him. Alex groaned internally. "Allison's necklace."

If you want someone to take you back you don't make them some kind of target for a werewolf who wants some kind of revenge.

§{~}§

"It's gonna be impossible you know." Scott said as the trio walked into school.