(36) The real killer?

"So this kid's the real killer?" Mr. Stilinski asked the three teenagers when they were back in Stiles' room looking through the yearbook.

"Yeah." The teens mumbled looking at each other.

"No." Stilinski said.

"Yes." Stiles told him.

"No." Mr. Stilinski enunciated.

"Dad come on, everybody knows the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay?" Stiles said standing up. "So, all you have to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common."

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter, Kara, wasn't in Harris's class." Stiles' dad said.

"Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" Stiles said and his dad had this odd look on his face.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges." He told the teens but added something quickly when Stiles was about to say something. "But that doesn't prove anything."

"Alex, do you believe this?" He asked the girl and Stiles sighed.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us." Scott answered for her.

"Yes well, I know you believe him, I'm asking the sensible one of you, Alex?" Mr. Stilinski directed the question to Alex again.

"Sorry Mr. Stilinski, I'm gonna say the same thing that Scott did, you're just gonna have to trust us on this." She told him.

"We know it's Matt." Scott said.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles explained.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and it's coach dead?" He questioned.

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles exclaimed and both Alex and Scott looked at him. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years. Okay we don't have a motive yet. I mean come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" Stilinski asked his son and they all shared a look before Scott answered.

"We need to look at the evidence."

"Yeah, that would be in the station, where I no longer work." Stilinski told them.

"Trust me, they'll let you in." Stiles said but his dad stopped him putting his fingers up.

"Trust you?" And Stiles was taken aback.

"Trust... Scott?" He suggested and the former sheriff narrowed his eyes still having his fingers pointed at his son.

"Trust Allie?" He suggested again.

"Alex I trust." Mr. Stilinski answered.

§{~}§

The four of them entered the police station a little bit later and the officer at the front desk raised her eyebrow.

"It's 2 in the morning." She stated.

"Believe me, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't extremely important." Mr. Stilinski told her.

"We look at the hospital stuff first, okay?" Stiles told his two best friends staying behind his father so they wouldn't hear him.

"Why?" Scott asked.

"Because all the murders were committed by Jackson except for one, remember?" Alex explained.