(41) Guess who's back?

"I gotta meet with a medical examiner and try and figure out what happened with Jackson." The sheriff told Scott, Isaac and Alex in the locker room. "I've got an APB out on Stiles. His Jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means..."

The sheriff paused.

"Well, I don't know what that means. Um..." the sheriff fiddled with his hands, like Stiles always does. "Look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you see him-"

"We'll call you." Alex said, and the other two nodded.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him." Scott told the sheriff looking at him before looking at Alex and rubbing her back.

"Yeah." The sheriff nodded. "I'll see you, okay?"

The three of them nodded and the sheriff left. Coach Finstock came up to them right after.

"McCall." He said, holding a lacrosse ball. "We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

"Yeah, I know coach." Scott answered.

"All right." The coach mumbled.He was about to leave but then he stopped and came back. "I mean, I know I yell a lot, but it's not like I hate you guys."

"Well, I kind of hate Greenberg, but you know, that's different. It's Greenberg." Coach chuckled. "I'm just saying we... I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

"I will." Scott nodded, visibly touched by Coach's words.

"I know." He answered and he left.

"Is that everyone?" Scott asked as coach left the locker room.

"I think so." Isaac said stepping forward.

Alex stepped out from the lockers as she saw Scott was ripping Stiles locker door off.

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac asked him when he tossed him a shoe.

"Yeah, we both are." Scott told him.

"But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?" Isaac asked as both of them looked at Stiles items. Scott raised his head but then he noticed something, or rather someone.

Derek.

"We need to talk." Derek said, and suddenly Peter Hale stepped in as well.

"All of us." Peter said. Waving his fingers at Alex. She tensed up.

"Holy shit-" Scott exclaimed.

§{~}§

"What the hell is this?" Scott asked, completely in shock.

"You know I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station." Derek told him and Alex looked at him, confused.

"Okay, hold on. He, he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom?" Peter asked Isaac. "She's gorgeous."

"Shut up!" Scott and Derek said in unison.

"Who is he?" Isaac asked.

"Peter Hale." Alex's voice was laced with hate.

"Derek's uncle." Scott concluded. "Little while back he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat. He also bit Alex on the lacrosse field along with Lydia."

"Hi." Peter greeted.

"That's good to know." Isaac smiled for a brief second before it dropped again. "Why aren't you a werewolf then?" He whispered to Alex who only shrugged.

She hid her arms in her sweater so no one would see anything. Her heartbeat spiked once Peter entered the room.

"How is he alive?" Scott questioned.

"Look, the short version is, he knows how to stop Jackson. And maybe how to save him."

"Well, that's very helpful, except Jackson's dead." Alex stated.

"What?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field." Scott explained.

"Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac asked.

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen." Peter said.

"Gerard wanted it to happen." Alex realised and the two teenagers looked at her.

"But why?" Derek questioned.

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing." Peter told them. "Quickly."