(35) Biggest Party Of The Year

Alex turned on the tv and started watching a random sitcom. She was about 20 minutes into the episode before something unusual happened.

"Alexandra..." A faint voice whispered she could hear it loud and clear in her head, but she knew it was coming from the hallway.

She paused the sitcom and went to go open her door. She grabbed the doorknob and turned it only to find herself on the lacrosse field in her prom dress. She looked beside her and saw Lydia standing there next to her.

They shared a look, like they were in the same dream together. The crowd was chanting both of their names.

"Lydia!"
"Alexandra!"

Alex saw someone in the crowd who looked out of place.

He was wearing a cloak, a red one, and a gold necklace with a green glowing stone inside it. They made eye contact before something else caught her eye. She saw a silhouette approaching the two girls between the tribunes.

They both recognised him and started running but he grabbed both their shoulders and they fell down to the ground, trying to pull the grass away from him with the crowd still chanting their names.

Right before he bit her again she woke up with a scream.

She was in her room, safe. But as she looked around, everything was floating, surrounded by this golden aura.

She heard footsteps outside her room and she braved herself for the worst but then her mom came in.

Wanda looked at the floating objects and suddenly they all dropped again.

Her eyes widened as she saw her daughter looking at her frightened and with wet cheeks.

"Oh honey." Wanda came over to her and hugged her as she started crying again. "Shhh, it's okay, it's okay. I'm going to help you with this, okay? I'll help you control it."

"Leave me alone." Alex mumbled, Wanda didn't hear it however as it wasn't meant for her.

"I'm afraid I can't." Peter Hale said as he looked at her from the chair on the other side of the room. "Not yet, at least."

"You're supposed to be dead." The sound came from her but her lips didn't open and her mother didn't react.

"Hmm, well, not for much longer." Peter said. "I promise everything will go back to normal, all you have to do, is make sure Lydia does everything I ask of her."

"Lydia? Why?" She furrowed her brows.

"Because you weren't meant to be bitten. It just happened in the spur of the moment." He whispered into her ear before disappearing. The last thing she heard that night was a scream, coming from Lydia.

§{~}§

Alex and Lydia entered Allison's room with Lydia carrying three Macy's bags.

"Clear your schedule. This could take a while." Lydia told their brunette friend.

Alex had been dragged there by Lydia, she could've said no, but she had to try to talk to Lydia about this apparent connection they have, however it turned out to be very hard to talk to her.

Lydia put the bags down on Allison's bed and Allison laughed.

"How many outfits do you plan on wearing tonight?" She questioned the strawberry blonde.

"It's her birthday party." Alex chuckled.

"Yep, I'm thinking host dress," she held up a striped, tight sitting one, "evening dress, then, mmm, after-hours casual."