(20) Isaac Lahey and the new principal

Alex's parents were so relieved when they got the call from the police about how Stiles had found her.

She didn't remember anything besides the car honking and all the voices all the time. She could still hear some voices when she was alone, but if she was with someone she could only hear them.

She hadn't told her parents about the voices or anything that had happened, and even though she knew Stiles wanted to ask, he didn't, which she was very grateful for.

She was going back to school today along with Lydia and they were walking up the steps with Allison talking.

"You two really don't remember anything?" Allison asked and Alex shook her head in response.

"They called it a fugue state." Lydia said.

"Which is basically their way of saying, 'we have no idea why you can't remember running through the woods for two days." Alex said.

"May I say, I was also naked. But personally, I don't care. I lost nine pounds." Lydia said and the three girls chuckled.

"Are you ready for this?" Allison asked them.

"Please. It's not like my aunt's a serial killer." Lydia commented before walking inside the door.

Alex placed her hand on Allison's should as a comfort and she smiled gratefully to her before they also walked in.

When the three girls entered however, everyone stared at them. Alex had gotten used to the voices by now so even though the whole hall was quiet, it was like she could hear every thought going through their head.

She didn't show it however, she only cringed slightly before pulling herself together.

Lydia stood frozen like a deer in headlights and Allison tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Maybe it's the nine pounds." Allison whispered to Lydia who pulled herself together and started walking like she was on a catwalk and Allison and Alex followed along.

Allison's voice had pulled Alex away from the voices so she didn't hear them anymore.

§{~}§

Alex made her way to the lacrosse field to watch the practice and the team had already started.

But as soon as she sat down she saw Scott running from the goal and tackling every player trying to get the ball into the net.

"What is he doing?" Alex whispered.

After Scott flipped a few more players coach went over to Stiles.

"Stilinski, what the hell is wrong with your friend?" He asked Stiles.

"Uh, he's failing two classes. He's a little socially awkward, and if you look close enough, his jaw line's kind of uneven." Stiles told the coach.

"That's interesting." Coach said before walking off.

Alex chuckled but then she got confused as to why she could hear the conversation. It was impossible that she was a werewolf so how did she hear what they were saying.

Scott tackled Danny next and Coach was having none of it.

Jackson was next but he figured he'd sit this one out.

The next person was Isaac Lahey. He had been on the team for a while but no one really noticed him.

The two players ran towards each other and they kind of spun around in the air together before landing in front of each other on all fours panting.