(29) The Gay Club

Stiles drove to where Derek went after the Kanima took off, with Scott sitting in the passenger seat and Alex sitting in the back.

"What do we do now?" Stiles asked once he stopped the car and he turned to Scott only to notice him gone and the car door open.

He shared a look with Alex before they both looked in front of the car to see Scott running away from them.

"So, you wanna tell me what happened to you back there?" Stiles turned around to face Alex.

"What do you mean?" She asked, not knowing what he was talking about.

"You know, the glow thing, the golden aura around Isaac, you know what I'm talking about." Stiles said. "How long have you known that you have powers?"

Alex looked at him shocked and confused.

"Unless you didn't know about them?" Stiles said curiously. Alex did think what happened looked familiar, like it was something that had happened before.

"I.. I don't know.." She mumbled.

They sat there for a while but Scott didn't come back so they left the jeep to go find him.

They found him lurking behind a wall and they went up to him only for him to turn in shock.

"Wait, wait. Sorry, I'm sorry." Stiles exclaimed and Scott sighed in relief as he realised it was only his best friends.

"Did you see where he went?" Alex asked talking about Jackson.

"I lost him." Scott told them.

"What? You couldn't catch his scent?" Stiles questioned and Scott looked at them again.

"I don't think he has one." He told the two teenagers.

"All right, any clue where he's going?" She asked and Scott turned with his eyebrows raised.

"To kill someone." He simply told them.

"Ah! That explains the claws, and the fangs, and all that." Stiles said with his usual amount of sarcasm. "Good. Makes perfect sense now."

Scott and Alex rolled their eyes at him.

"What?" He asked and shrugged. "Guys, come on. I'm 147 pounds of pale skin and fragile bone, okay? Sarcasm is my only defense."

Alex snorted at this and patted Stiles' back but Scott ignored the comment.

"Just help me find it." Scott told them.

"Not 'it'. Jackson." Alex corrected him.

"Yeah, I know. I know." Scott said.

"All right, but does he know that?" Stiles asked. "Did anybody see him back at your house?"

"I mean, I don't think so, but he already passed Derek's test anyway." Scott said.

Alex sighed and ran her fingers through her hair trying to think of a reason why Jackson did pass the test. And like Stiles read her mind he spoke.

"Yeah, but that's just the thing. How did he pass the test?" The pale boy questioned.

"I don't know." Scott said. Alex was starting to think that was the only thing he was capable of. Not knowing.

"Maybe it's like an either/or thing." Alex suggested. "I mean, Derek said that a snake can't be poisoned by it's own venom, right?"

"When's the Kanima not the Kanima?" Stiles said understanding what Alex's point was.

"When it's Jackson." Scott realised.

Stiles started backing away from the wall looking up above him, and Alex looked at him weirdly until he gestured for her to get over to him and tried to get Scott's attention as well.