(39) Sparks

"I don't know what to do Vis. She won't talk to me, she won't tell me what happened to her there. How am I supposed to help her when-" Wanda was interrupted by her husband.

"Good morning darling!" Vision greeted his daughter coming down the stairs.

She gave him a faint smile as she went into the kitchen to grab some of the breakfast her mother had made.

"Did you sleep well?" Wanda asked her, trying to act normal.

"No." She told them and her parents were shocked by her blunt response and Alex stopped. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so blunt about it."

"It's alright sweetie, will you eat with us? Please? I think it'd be good for you." She told her. Alex considered this, and nodded in the end.

She sat down at the kitchen table, and her parents sat down on either side of her.

Wanda placed her hand on her daughters leg to be comforting but she only flinched and Wanda took her hand away.

"Sorry." Alex mumbled as she took a bite out of her toast.

"It's nothing to be sorry for, it was my fault." Wanda said quickly.

"Stiles has been coming here a lot. He's worried about you." Vision told her. "You should talk to him, maybe he can help you?"

Alex stayed silent.

"I think I'll just go change before I go to school." She told them, leaving her barely eaten toast on the table before running upstairs fast so her parents couldn't say anything.

They shared a sad look and they both sighed.

"She needs help." Wanda said. "She needs to talk to a psychologist."

"She won't talk to them, she needs her friends. We have to let her sort this out on her own." Vision told his wife and put his hand on hers and she nodded reluctantly.

§{~}§

Alex got up to her room and took off her oversized sweatshirt.

As she looked in the mirror, the bruises from the sheriff's station wasn't what she noticed. The golden sparks flying from her hands were.

"Hey, Als I just wanted to ask if you were sure you wanted to go today or-" Wanda came inside her room and saw the sparks flying from her hands.

"Mom, what are you doing?" Alex said as she grabbed a sweater and put it on quickly hiding her hands.

Wanda came over to her and grabbed her wrists putting them out in front of her. The golden sparks that were first small were getting a bit bigger.

"Why didn't you tell me you had powers like mine?" She asked her daughter.

"I.. didn't want to believe it. I just wanted them to go away." Alex told her looking down at her feet.

Her mother smiled comfortingly at her.

"Sweetheart, if you suppress your powers, they take over and burst out at places you don't want them to. You need to learn control, which I can teach you. Your dad can help as well."

Alex wouldn't meet her eyes. "I'm sorry for not telling you."

"It's okay, I know now, and your training starts now. Just so you can control it at school."

Alex finally looked up at her.

"Just so they won't burst with energy now, you need to basically just keep your heart rate down, you know, like a werewolf does so they don't shift." Wanda said and Alex's eyes widened.