(24) Boyd and The Lizard Man

Alex and Stiles entered the cafeteria the next day, after the event at the rink, hastily, passing Allison before reaching Scott.

"Scott... Do you see that?" Stiles asked the teen wolf pointing at an empty table.

"What, it's an empty table." Scott shrugged.

"Yeah, but whose empty table?" Alex commented.

"Boyd." Scott said in realisation.

§{~}§

"I'm gonna go to the ice rink and see if he's there." Scott told the duo as they walked through the halls. "And if he's not at home, you call me, got it?"

"What?" Alex asked Stiles when he looked like he was hesitating.

"Maybe we should let him." Stiles sighed and the two looked at him in confusion. "Boyd, you know? You said Derek's giving them a choice, right?"

"We can't." Scott said and pulled Stiles forward.

"You got to admit, Erica looks pretty good." Stiles stated. "You know, the word 'sensational' comes to mind."

"How good do you think she's gonna look with a wolfsbane bullet in her head?" Alex asked.

"All right, all I'm saying is maybe this one isn't totally your responsibility." Stiles told Scott.

"They all are." Scott said. "And you know this thing's gonna get out of control. That makes me responsible."

"All right, I'm with you." Stiles gave in. "And I also got to say this newfound heroism is making me very attracted to you."

"Shut up." Scott exclaimed.

"No, seriously. Do you want to just try making out for a sec?" Stiles asked him and Scott pushed him forward as Alex laughed. "Just to see how it feels."

§{~}§

Stiles pulled up really quickly at Boyd's house. He and Alex ran outside and up to the house.

Stiles frantically shook the door.

"Hey, Boyd?" He called out and they both knocked on the door.

Stiles then knocked on the window and tried to look inside.

"Hey, Boyd? It's Stiles and Alex." Stiles called out again before he turned and exclaimed. "Oh wow."

Alex turned to see Erica standing in front of her. Erica chuckled at Stiles' reaction.

"What are you doing here, Stiles?" Erica asked the teenage boy with a smile not even acknowledging Alex.

"Uh... Nothing, we were just looking for, um..." Stiles tried finding his words.

"Boyd?" Erica asked, not even paying attention to the girl standing next to them.

"Yeah. Yes. Boyd." Stiles said.

"You know what you're doing right now that's kind of funny?" Erica asked and Stiles shook his head. "You're only looking in my eyes."

"That's funny?" Stiles asked, looking a bit uncomfortable.

"Well yeah." Erica said. Alex stood there rolling her eyes. "Because it's that kind of look where you're trying not to look anywhere other than my eyes, but you want to, don't you? You want a nice, long, hard look."

Alex groaned and rolled her eyes again.

"Oh, Alexandra. I didn't even notice you were here." Erica said.