Rising From Ashes

Start from the beginning

The clues had been there all along. It was just the stubbornness of Ragnar to accept the fact that his own son would walk the forbidden path.

"They cannot be together!" Ragnar palmed his hand on the table in anger "My entire life I have devoted myself to keep my pack together. Einar's one reckless move will jeopardize the integrity of my pack."

"What about the happiness of my son?" Zelda's question was a mere whisper "It pains me to look at his distraught face everyday. He yearns to be with Callan."

"Which is wrong Zelda."

"But.."

"No more arguments." Ragnar warned sternly as Zelda lowered her eyes in defeat. He then breathed in some air of patience and looked at the seer with hope once again "I need to keep them apart and be close at the same time. Do you understand what I mean.?"

"I do." The lady smirked "But you forgot than I am a seer. I can only tell you the future."

"Very well then." He cleared his throat "In case if my son has to chose between his pack and the boy; what would it be?"

The lady could feel the nervous heart beats of the anxious man and the despondent luna. She circled the stones with her fingers and muttered some incoherent words. The stones soon stopped rotating and moved in different directions.

 "Your son will chose the pack.." The smile on Ragnar's face was priceless "However his beasts will chose their mate always."

Ragnar's smile disappeared in a flash "This is not what I expect to hear from you." He complained.

"The beasts have waited long enough to claim their mate. Your son is the only hurdle in their way. Sooner or later they will get what they want even if it means if they have to take control over the body of Einar forever."

Shock marred the faces of the alpha couple. It came in waves as this was the least what they were expecting. The beasts of Einar were very powerful and if they were strong enough to control the man then the entire pack would have to suffer the consequences in abundance. It could come to a point that the entire blue moon pack would be wiped out from the face of the earth. 

"This cant be.. this cant be possible!"

"What choice do we have?" Zelda asked in fear as she mirrored the expressions of her mate.

"Let Einar take control of the beasts first. That is the only chance you have."

"What about Callan?"

"If and when your son has control over his powers the possibility of a mating can be ruled out entirely."

"You mean that Einar can break the bond."

"It is a dangerous procedure but it can be done."

Zelda's motherly instincts kicked in and she was concerned for her son yet again "This wont be fair to Einar!" 

Her objections were overruled by the silence reciprocated by her mate. Ragnar was in a deep thought. His mind was pensive for some unavoidable circumstances.

"Does Callan know he has a mate and that his mate is my son?" Ragnar asked at once. 

Clearly the only possibility was that Callan was unaware about it all. Had it been otherwise the human would have moved mountains to claim what was rightfully his. Everyone was aware of the tenacious nature of handsome man. 

But Ragnar had to be sure.

"Say something!" He urged the lady.

"I cant." The lady narrowed her eyes and zoned into nothingness only to deeply sigh in defeat "The human of your pack is mysterious in many ways. He is powerful enough to block my abilities as a seer. I am not able to see his future."