JAI PRICE

IF THERE WAS something Jai Price regretted, it was doubtlessly agreeing on going to that pool party.

A drunk guy welcomed them, giving each of them a beer.

"I'm not so sure about this," Jai admitted, putting his still closed and untouched bottle of beer on a table.

Reece shrugged. "We have yet to swim. That's why we came here."

Just then, a girl fell behind him, using his back to stead herself. Reece glares at her and she ran away with her friends, giggling.

"Ooh," a voice called behind them. "Who do we have here? Lover boy and his friends!"

Jai raises an eyebrow at John who looked as clueless as him as they turned to who was talking. It was Bellary. She didn't look the slightest drunk and she had a troublemaker grin on her face.

"Lucas, I heard you were looking for a partner?" Lucas only frowned, looking suspiciously at her. "I'll take that as a yes." Bellary pushes a drunk guy in front of her. "Lucas meet Mike. Mike meet Lucas. You have so many things in common! Maybe you could even go look for your brains together?"

Lucas groaned. "Bellary, What are you doing?"

She blinked innocently. "'Me? Using my incredible matchmaking talents. Why? You prefer blonds?"

"I'm straight Bellary."

"Denial is also a river in Egypt," she sang.

That's when Roy arrived, pushing Bellary backwards. "Let's go, Bella. You've done enough drama for a night. That girl back there is still totally confused, and probably convinced you actually did go back in time to meet her grandma. I don't know how you did to guess what kind of flowers she was wearing when-"

"But I loove draaaama," she whines as he dragged her away. "BY THE WAY," Bellary screamed. "FRIGG'S OUTSIDE!"

Jai turned to Aiden, wiggling his eyebrows. "I didn't want to know that," Aiden grumbled.

"Shore," John scoffed.

Jai did his best to follow the conversation, and ignore the music and the crowd dancing. "Shouldn't we go out?" He proposed. "There'll be more space and less people."

"I second that," Aiden immediately said.

"We wonder why," Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Shut up," the boy answered, running a hand threw his blond hair, making it even messier.

Outside, there was less people. There was a pool, since it was a pool party, but most were just hanging out out of it in there swimsuits. Candles and small lights helped brighten the place since the sun was already almost down and tables were full of beers and chips.

Just great.

Jai tried to breath as they passed by a group of folk yelling.

You can't even go to a party without having a panic attack. You're such a loser. Can't you even go a day without being a fun killer?

His heart was frenetic. Beating faster and faster. Every time a noise was made, he jumped slightly. Soon, hiding his attack became harder and harder.

Stay strong. Stay strong. Stay strong.

"Are you alright?" Reece asked him.

It took him all the energy he has left to answer. "Y-yes. I just need some water. I'll be back."

He walked away quickly and breathed heavily. Now they think you're weird. Because you just walked away. No one needs water anyway!

He found the street in front of the house's door empty except for some cars. There, he sat in a corner against the wall and tried to breath slowly. Like he learned how to.