big time gold

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

TO SAY THAT things were messy was an understatement.

Last night, Dak had broken up with Ella, and the girl felt numb.

To lose two boyfriends in less than six months had to be some type of record.

She kept rethinking everything in her head. The moments that led to the break-up, the reasons behind it.

Ella assumed that after everything that happened on her birthday, the two had moved on. In fact, she had given him the complete benefit of the doubt by forgiving him for it so quickly.

Unfortunately, that hadn't been the reason.

Their relationship was a joke. All of it. He used her. This was just some sick assignment from his manager. Ella felt even more embarrassed than she did when Dak had stood her up on her birthday.

Everything made sense now: why he was so eager to write the duet with her, why he began writing his own music so quickly after they got together, and why he dismissed her birthday to get a jump start on performing outside of Varsity Vampires.

Ella was angry at the way he had control over their argument, angry at how easily he had manipulated her, angry at the fact that she had been too dazed to see it, and angry at how fast he dumped her as if the last 4 and a half months meant nothing to him.

Her stomach churned at the realization that it actually didn't mean anything to him. She had been so easily fooled; it was so unlike her to fall so quickly and without warning.

The breakup was quick and painful. In a matter of minutes, she no longer had a boyfriend.

It didn't help that when she turned around, Kendall was standing in the doorway.

Speaking of Kendall, Ella has been trying her best to avoid him ever since he overheard Dak breaking up with her. In all honesty, she was humiliated by the entire situation. She didn't expect to turn around and see him. And when he tried saying her name, Ella didn't hesitate to quickly brush past him and try not to make eye contact with him for the rest of the night.

The girl had been doing a great job all morning, however, there was this one thing she couldn't miss.

Big Time Rush's gold record ceremony.

It was a really big achievement for BTR's second studio album Elevate to go gold, and embarrassed or not, Ella had to celebrate with them.

In her nicest dress, she went over to Rocque Records just in time for the ceremony. There was a flurry of reporters and paparazzi there to capture the special moment. She stood next to Kelly, smiling, as she watched the boys, Gustavo, and Griffin stand with their yet to be unveiled gold record.

"On behalf of RCMCBT Global Net-Sanyoid, it gives me great pleasure to announce that Big Time Rush's Elevate has sold over 500,000 copies and to present them with their first U.S. gold record." Griffin introduced, taking the magenta sheet off of the frame, revealing the shiny record. "Now smile, everyone."

Ella softened her gaze, seeing them smile brightly as the paparazzi took photos of them, their cameras flashing.

"So we all get gold records?" James asked excitedly.

"It's a tough economy, fellas, so we only made one." Griffin admitted.

James' smile dropped. "What?"

"But you can come visit it here at the studio any time you like." Gustavo offered.