big time girlfriends

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

NOW THAT HER career was starting to take off with her debut album releasing next week and other pressures from Gustavo to get everything done, Ella had become insanely busy.

She couldn't help but see that it was slowly starting to affect her new relationship with Kendall as they barely saw each other outside of Rocque Records and could barely get any alone time back at the crib with the rest of the guys around.

On one of her breaks, she went into the recording booth to see the boys singing a new song.

"And right from the start, you had to break my heart," the boys sang.

"And now I can't find all the pieces, yeah!"

Ella gave a weird expression as Carlos started excitedly singing the very sad song, while snapping his fingers with joy.

"Cut! Cut!" Gustavo interrupted, taking off his headphones. "Carlos, this is a song about when a girl destroys your heart. So why are you singing so happy?" He shouted, making the boys flinch.

"Uh...because I'm happy?" Carlos answered, hesitantly as Ella playfully shook her head at the naive boy.

"Carlos, just try to remember the first time a girl broke your heart." Kelly advised.

"Uh, for that to happen, he'd have to have a first girlfriend." James piped up.

Ella and the rest of the boys starting "ooh"-ing and laughing at the remark, while Carlos sarcastically chuckled, before exclaiming, "Die!" He pushed James into the wall of the booth, which caused him to grab Carlos from behind and bring him to the floor as the other guys tried to stop them.

Gustavo huffed and pressed a red button labeled, 'Stop Fight', making an alarm blare and bright lights to shine in the booth. The boys screamed, covering their ears from the loud noise as they collapsed to the floor.

"The new 'Stop Fight' button works." Ella hummed as Gustavo let go of the button, the boys standing back up.

"I'll make some changes to the breakup song, and I'll record you all later—separately. Until then..." Gustavo pressed another button that said, 'Eject', making the boys be pushed out of the booth by some sort of machine.

"The new 'Eject' button works too." Kelly added

"Yep." Gustavo agreed as he turned around to face the younger girl.

"Reed, I'll let you go back to the Palm Woods for a little bit, but I need you back at the studio to work on some last minute stuff for your album," he said as Ella sighed, understanding that she'd get a break once everything was released.

━━━━

Walking into the lobby, she saw Kendall sitting on one of the couches, two smoothies in front of him.