big time dance

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

THE FIVE TEENS were at the Palm Woods school taking an exam until the bell rang.

"Okay, everyone, pencils down," exclaimed Miss Collins. "Pass your finals forward, and I'll see you all at tonight's end-of-year Palm Woods' School party."

Everyone except for the group let out groans as they looked around confused.

"Wow. Everyone seems really not excited." Logan spoke.

"No, it's great. We get cupcakes, punch, and entertainment...by Bitters." Camille stated plainly.

Ella grimaced, knowing anything done "by Bitters" was ultimately set to fail.

Kendall raised his head, calling out to their teacher. "Miss Collins, don't you think we could do something remotely cool for our end-of-the-year school party?"

"Like a dance." James interjected as the class let out sounds of excitement.

"With slow dances." Logan added.

"And dates to slow dance with." Carlos exclaimed.

"Yeah!" The entire class cried out in unison.

"Well, we've never had a school dance before, because we're really just one small classroom, but if a certain band wants to be the new school dance committee, sounds great." Miss Collins suggested.

Everyone cheered as the boys high-fived each other.

"So you need to find a theme, snacks, decorations, chaperones, and we have no money, no place to have it, and since today's the last day of school, we need to have it tonight." The teacher stated quickly, making all of the smiles drop from the group's faces.

"We got it." Ella spoke up as all the boys quickly turned to her in surprise.

━━━━

Once class was dismissed, Ella followed the boys out into the lobby.

Kendall spoke up. "Okay, the theme of our dance is..."

"Move Our Butts, 'cause we got to do this fast." The rest of the boys finished.

Ella playfully shook her head at her friends as they started walking towards the rest of the girls, who were sitting on a couch in the lobby.

She saw Jo mumble something to their friends, before she sat up straight, smiling.

"Jo, hey, I need to ask you something." Kendall stated. "Could you go to the convenience store and get them to donate some snackage for the dance?" He asked, making Jo's smile drop and Ella give the boy a pointed look. Obviously, Jo was waiting for him to ask her to the dance, but Kendall was too oblivious to realize.

"Oh, sure, Kendall. Is that the only thing you wanted to ask me?" She wondered, trying to make her intentions known.

He put his hands to his face in realization. "Oh, no, um...could you get some sodies too?"

"Sure." Jo stated in confusion as she walked away.

Ella smacked Kendall in the head as the boys looked in confusion.

"Ow! What was that for?" He cried out, holding his head.

"Just felt like it." Ella shrugged.

"Now we need a dance location." James exclaimed as the group moved towards Bitter's office.

Before James could knock on the door, Bitters opened it, making the boys yelp in surprise.

"Of course I'll be the entertainment at your school party," he gushed, wearing a tuxedo, top hat, and blue cape. "Behold, my new extreme magic act."