big time prom kings

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

AS THE SCHOOL year came to a close, Ella and the boys came up with a brilliant idea.

Prom.

The Palm Woods school never had one, so it was time for the five teens to take matters into their own hands and get one themselves.

And by that it meant going to Rocque Records and planning an overdramatic gesture to convince Gustavo to pay for it.

They quietly walked into the studio, the boys wearing tuxedos, while Ella wore a short, simple black dress. She placed the stereo she was holding on the table besides her as she stood side by side with the boys, waiting for their producer to come out.

Gustavo and Kelly stopped in their tracks, landing eyes on the group in front of them, who had big smiles plastered on their faces.

"Well, this should be interesting." Gustavo stated.

Ella turned on the stereo, having it play slow, victory music as Kendall spoke up, "All over the world this month teens are participating in a right of passage and that passage is simply known as prom."

James and Carlos held up a blue boutonniere and a corsage, walking over to place it on the two confused adults.

"Mr. Rocque, we've given you over a year of our lives to pursue pop stardom." Carlos continued.

Ella chimed in, her persuasive skills kicking in, "Now please, don't make us give up that magical, magical night of dancing..." she paused as the boys broke out into a happy dance, "smooching..." she playfully shook her head as the boys puckered their lips, kissing the air. "And prime rib," she finished, the boys rubbing their stomachs.

"Now we beg of you, Gustavo Rocque, will you give us the gift of prom?" James questioned.

"Good speech." Gustavo hummed as the teens exclaimed, "Yes!"

"Aw, I remember my prom, and Ella and the boys deserve one too." Kelly gushed, before switching her tone. "And oh, look, a letter opener." She pointed it towards Gustavo, giving a warning look.

The teens clasped their hands together, pleading their producer, until he finally caved, "Fine, I'll pay for your prom."

Before the teens could cheer, it was interrupted by the sound of-

"Ah, ah, ah-ah, oh"

"Wait, why 'uh-oh'?"

"He said yes."

"It's the boom box playing Big Time Rush."

"El, shut it off."

"I'm trying."

"Just press the button on the left."

"It won't turn off!"

━━━━

Once they finally got the broken stereo to shut off, Ella and the boys raced out of Rocque Records to go tell everyone at the Palm Woods that prom was a go.

While Logan, James, and Carlos excitedly went in front, Ella and Kendall stayed behind them, walking hand-in-hand.

She looked down at their intertwined hands, letting out a small smile, seeing the familiar black band on Kendall's finger. Despite his distaste for jewelry, he had kept that ring on for months, never taking it off.

Suddenly, Kendall stopped walking and turned to face Ella. Coincidentally, they were in front of a flower market and the girl wasn't oblivious to the fact that her boyfriend was about to ask her to prom right now.