big time single

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

IT'S BEEN A week since Jo left for New Zealand.

Yes, Ella was sad, but with the support from her three crazy friends and boyfriend and their attempts to cheer her up, she found herself feeling better.

They took her to the ice skating rink, they watched movies, and cooked her favorite meals. Even though Jo may have left, at least she still had her four boys that have grown into her family.

But now, she had another dilemma.

Griffin pressured both Ella and Gustavo to write new hit summer singles for herself and Big Time Rush by the end of the day.

Usually, songwriting came easy to the two of them, however, they were suffering from a major case of writer's block.

Let's just say that things at Rocque Records were tense.

Kelly and the boys were nervously looking at Gustavo, who was in the studio booth, stone-faced, as he stiffly used his finger to play an off-key chord on the piano repeatedly.

"I've never seen him like this before." Kelly said worriedly. "It's too much pressure."

"I don't understand." Griffin and his assistant popped up from behind the group, making them yelp in surprise. "All I asked was Gustavo write a huge, mega summertime hit single that captures everyone's hearts that sells 1 billion copies, rules the world, and has the word 'beach' in it."

Everyone gaped at the CEO in disbelief.

"What? I gave him till the end of the day to do it," Griffin said in defense as the group turned back to look back at Gustavo. "Now, what's wrong with this one?" He asked, gesturing to a disheveled-looking Ella on the couch.

Many crumpled pieces of paper surrounded her as she frantically scribbled down lyrics in her song journal. After a couple of lines, she would get frustrated and rip the pages out, starting the never-ending cycle of writing and tearing paper.

The boys winced, looking at the girl's frazzled state.

"Yeah, she's been having trouble writing her new summer single too." Kendall explained.

"It's writer's block." Logan added.

"And she's wasting paper." James chimed in, referring to all the pages the girl tore out and crushed into a ball. Ella would've rolled her eyes at this, but she was too stressed.

She spoke up, not looking up from her journal, "Griffin, I don't know how you expect me to write a new hit song by the end of the day either. Why didn't you tell me about this, I don't know, a couple days ago?"

"Because, Ella, I realized today that it's been 9 months since you've released your debut album and you need more songs for your next one. I want this album to be just as successful as your first." Ella looked up in worry as he continued, his eyes brightening up, "Create a new sound and style. Yeah, that's good." Griffin then turned back to face Kelly and the guys. "Boys, fix it. Because I can't have my new up-and-rising artist go M.I.A. this summer. And I need my huge hit single of the summer that rules the world, or else," he warned as his assistant Abdul held up a black briefcase and slowly tapped it, making the group look in fear.

They all started stuttering, not really sure what to do, staring back and forth between their broken producer and distressed friend.

"Boys," Griffin interrupted, after not getting a word out of any of them. "Do you have any idea how I got to be so rich and powerful?"

"Your grandpa invented the moist towelette and you inherited his fortune." Logan quickly answered.

"That, and I solved problems," he stated, throwing everything off of the coffee table, including the many torn pages and Ella's songbook, as he sat down on the surface.