big time moms

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

IT WAS ALMOST Mother's Day.

Mother's Day was another Hallmark holiday designated for appreciating all the moms out there.

Although Ella's neglectful mother wasn't all that deserving of celebration, Ella still mailed out a nicely written card. Whether the woman would actually care to read it would remain a mystery.

However, her second mom, Jennifer Knight, had always been there for her. She took care of her when others couldn't and always gave her a warm house to stay in. Ella would always be eternally grateful for her.

That's why she gave in to the boys' wild gift idea. Despite the fact that Mother's Day wasn't even until tomorrow and a bouncy house wasn't really the most thoughtful gift, it was a grand gesture that she hoped Mrs. Knight would appreciate.

If not, the bouquet of flowers and card she got her would probably suffice.

The gigantic gift was delivered to the crib that morning and it was set up within minutes.

The boys all clamored in the bouncy house and held out their hands for their remaining friend who watched them amusedly. Eventually she caved and went in, jumping alongside them.

"Happy Mother's Day!" They cheered, seeing Mrs. Knight walk in the room, holding a basket of laundry.

The woman dropped the load of clothing, staring in shock.

"Here's your gift." Kendall told her excitedly.

"Are you surprised?" Carlos asked.

"Yes, because Mother's Day isn't till tomorrow," she exclaimed.

"That's what I told them, Mama Knight, but they insisted on it." Ella added as the teens continued to jump up and down on the bouncy house.

"Yeah, well, there was a two-day-for-one special." Logan explained.

"Smart shopping, isn't it great?" James chimed in as they all chattered in excitement.

"I was really just hoping for some peace and quiet." Mrs. Knight admitted.

At that, the entire group immediately froze.

"You don't like your present?" Carlos questioned, a forlorn glint in his eyes.

Seeing the boys with disappointed expressions, Ella sighed, giving Mrs. Knight a knowing look, whose eyes widened with guilt.

"No, I...I love it," she said, giving them a grin, making the teens cheer again.

Ella and the boys held up the net, so she could climb in and jump with them.

"Mom, you spread fun wherever you go." Kendall praised as the rest of the group let out agreements.

"James!" A woman's voice called out as everybody turned their heads, seeing the one and only, Brooke Diamond standing in the doorway.

"Mom?" James questioned as the bouncy house deflated.

Ella had to admit that out of all the moms in their group, Brooke Diamond was definitely the scariest. The woman had short, brown hair, flawless skin, and wore a power suit wherever she went, which definitely correlated with her personality. Not to mention, she had the ability to make everyone agree with her, no matter how difficult or wrong she was.

As Ella untangled herself from the now flattened bouncy house, James stood up, walking over to Mrs. Diamond. "Mom. What are you doing here?"

"I came for my Mother's Day present," she replied.