Chapter 38 - Luciana

I tapped my foot against the floor as Ana stood beside me, calm and composed.

"Ana for fuck's sake can you please tell me what's going on?" I harshly whispered as she turned to look at me.

She had dragged me down a narrow corridor away from the chaos and shooting. I could still hear the screams and shouts from a distance, although they were muffled.

"Patience, Luciana." She muttered as she kept glancing over at the door.

Before I could answer her with a retort, I heard the sound of footsteps before the door was flung open. A harried Mikhail stepped into the light as my stomach dropped. I looked at Ana who seemed to be pleased with herself as my mouth gaped open. With a small squeeze to my shoulder and a small parting smile, Ana left before I could even thank her for everything she had done for me.

I stayed rooted in place as Mikhail all but marched towards me before circling his arms around me. And that was all it took for me to break. A combination of the fight we'd had before I was taken and the last couple of days made me break down in his arms as fat tears rolled down my face.

"Malyshka..." His voice cracked with emotion as he tightened his hold on me as if he never planned to let go. A few minutes after the shock had settled down, I took in a lungful of air before I leaned back to look at him. I ran my hand across the light stubble on his face, indicating that he hadn't shaved in the past four days. My lips trembled as my hand stopped on his chest and I looked into those clear blue eyes. My heart nearly stopped as I gauged the number of emotions that passed through those irises. Anger, pain, frustration and finally relief before they softened as his gaze roamed the length of my body. He checked me to make sure that I wasn't hurt before draping his thick coat over my shoulders.

"You came." I murmured as I pressed our temples together, unmindful of the bloodbath that was taking place near us.

"I came. You and me forever, remember?"

I laughed as tears of relief and happiness stung my eyes. He was here. My man was here for me. As much as I had wanted to get myself out of this situation, I had known that it was close to impossible without anybody's help. I didn't have anybody that I could trust - that was of course before I figured out that Ana was the one who orchestrated this.

"Who was it?" I finally asked as he cupped my face tenderly, as if he himself couldn't believe that I was actually in front of him.

"Later, I promise. Right now, we don't have much time. We have to go. Sofia is in the car waiting for us."

The door slammed open before I could respond to Mikhail. A bloodied Alexei burst through the room with a face so calm, as if his shirt wasn't drenched in someone else's blood.

"Now, Pakhan. They're coming."

With a stiff nod, he pulled me by the arm as we followed Alexei out the door. There was not a single soul in sight as we stepped out into the freezing Russian air. That was weird. From what I'd heard, there was some tight security surrounding the club, no matter what.

A sleek black car came into view as we walked closer and closer to it. Just when we were a few feet away from it, two men stepped out of the car with a flailing Sofia between them.

"Let me go, you ublyudki. I swear -

She stopped talking, her eyes growing wide as she took us in. Mikhail and Alexei both pulled out their guns as they sandwiched me between them, acting as my shield.

"It's good to see you again, brat." A cool voice drawled from behind us. "You didn't think I'd let you get away so easy, did you?"

Sofia's eyes flared with an emotion I hadn't seen her display before - pure fury. All three of our heads whipped around to see whom Sofia was practically murdering with her eyes. It was the same man that had come into my room with Dimitri. Speaking of the devil, he trailed behind him, a not so confident expression on Dimitri's face as he looked anywhere but at Mikhail. Mikhail stiffened before he uttered a single word that rocked my entire world.