Chapter 22 - Mikhail

My gaze stayed stuck on my fingers that were moving around in circles along the rim of the glass. The whiskey in it lay untouched as my mind worked overtime. It seemed like lately I had been doing a lot of that - thinking and drinking. Although, to be fair, I hadn't drunk a sip yet. Luciana was causing all sorts of reactions in me. Especially now that I had finally had her. But rather than quell that lust for her that had been there since day one, my attraction to her grew exponentially. I thought that fucking her out of my system once would be enough, but no, apparently my dick had other plans. Like how it had felt so good to be buried balls deep inside that cunt that I had only dreamed of sinking inside of. I sat up straight as I forced those dirty thoughts away, instead, focusing on what was going to happen now.

It was like I was addicted to her - like one would be to drugs or alcohol. It wasn't just the sex. It was everything about her. Her aura drew me in since the first time I laid my eyes on her, made me crave more than I was used to craving. And this scared me. I had never wanted anyone or anything so bad before.

I knew that this was a dangerous game to play, but no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't stop. Every time I saw her, I'd want to claim her as mine in front of every single person in the room. I'd get this violent urge to shoot any man who looked at her even a second longer. And that's precisely what terrified me to my core. I hadn't felt so possessive, so protective over anyone since Ilaria. I had stopped caring, stopped feeling since then. And to think that some woman that I had met a while ago and who, not to mention, pissed me off to hell and back, invoked these feelings in me. Crazy huh?

The chair in my office scraped harshly against the floor as I stood up, knowing exactly where I had to be - or more like, who I had to see. Without wasting another second, I called the driver and gave him directions as to where to take me. This space that I was about to give Luciana and I was much needed in my opinion. We had been together for far too long now - something that did not help the escalating tension between us. Hopefully, the distance would do us some good.

***

Raising my hand to my face to shield it from the bright sun, I pushed my hair back as I peered at the magnificent glass structure in front of me. Agosta Enterprises had been started a couple of years ago by Sergio's old man, in order to have at least one legal business under his belt. And look at it now. It was a booming chain of businesses that provided services ranging from financial services to Michelin star restaurants situated in prime localities like London, for instance.

Seeing my best friend again would somehow never get old. Where I was serious and aloof, he was the complete opposite of me. Charming and easy going to the core, I understood why Francesco Agosta was hesitant to hand over the reins to his only son. But Sergio had proved them wrong - that he wasn't the preppy boy that everyone assumed him to be. Francesco may have started Agosta Enterprises, but Sergio had taken the chain to a whole new level.

Pride surged in me as I walked in through the revolving doors where I was met by none other than his receptionist Chiara.

"How may I help you today Mikhail?"

She smiled flirtatiously at me while she tapped her red nails aggressively on the counter in front of her. Her tongue peeked out as she licked her lips in what I assumed to be a sexy gesture. While I would have appreciated that a month ago, I really wasn't feeling it today.

"I'm here to see Sergio."

"Ah. I'm afraid Mr Agosta is in a meeting right now."

"That's fine. I don't mind waiting."

"Well in that case," she got up and leaned closer to me as she twirled her hair around her fingers. Her minty breath hit my face as I tried not to recoil due to the strong scent.