Chapter 12 - Luciana

As a young girl, I had always had an unhealthy obsession with Disney. I'd watched in awe at how the prince would always save the princess and they'd live happily ever after - a common theme in most Disney movies. And somehow the villain would always lose. Hence, I grew up with the notion that everybody ended up with their happily ever after. I was wrong. So, so wrong. It took me a long time to realise that more often than not, the villains in our story were the ones closest to us - the ones we suspected the least. My father was one of them. And to think that I had escaped one prison only to end up in another one, under the guise of a mansion.

The Petrov mansion was hands down one of the most beautiful and intricately thought out homes. It had all the luxuries in the world. To an outsider, it would seem like heaven on Earth. But to me, something felt missing. The warmth that usually accompanied the idea of a home was not there. Everything felt so cold and lifeless. Someone really needed to breathe in some life into this house.

Sighing, I decided to do some exploring myself. With my hands stiffly stuck by my side, I walked past the door that Mikhail had entered through as I heard loud voices coming from inside. I rushed past it, eager to get away as far as possible from the blue eyed monster that now lived in my head rent free for some reason.

"Oh hey. You must be Luciana." A voice greeted me as I halted in my tracks.

I looked up to match the voice with a face as I was met with startling green eyes. A young woman, a little bit older than me, with dirty blonde hair stared back at me with a smile on her face.

"Uh hey. Yep, I'm Luciana." I answered as I looked around confused, regarding who this woman was.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I completely forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sofia. Mikhail's cousin." She laughed lightly as she stretched out her hand. I instantly liked her as a grin of my own formed on my face and I clasped hands with her. Her vibe seemed different - almost as if she didn't belong in a mafia family.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Sofia."

"Likewise girl. God knows how long it's been since a woman last stepped inside this house. Don't tell Mikhail but I think he has pathetic taste in women. Well, at least until now." She said as she threw a knowing look my way.

Something similar to jealousy curled in my gut at the mention of the other women that Mikhail brought home.

"Come on. I should show you around the house. Since you're going to be here for a while."

Sofia grabbed my arm before I had the chance to answer. She sure had a lot of strength for a petite 5 foot woman, I wondered as I was dragged down the hallway.

We passed by a few rooms until she finally stopped outside one. It looked the same as the others - a wooden door with something in Russian engraved onto it.

"Here's your room." She said as she pushed the door open.

My jaw hung open as I took in the view in front of my eyes. Large windows illuminated the stars in the sky as I sat on the bed which was in the centre of the room. There was a painting of a woman in a meadow hanging above the poster bed giving a very antique feel to it. I breathed in deeply as I felt myself relax. I'd think that I was one lucky bitch to get this sort of treatment even after being abducted against my wishes. I could honestly get used to this. My wide eyes stared around, taking everything in as Sofia chuckled lightly from beside me on the bed.

"Oh so you're rich rich huh?" I smirked as I turned to look at Sofia.

"I guess you could say that we do live a comfortable life. Being in the mafia and all." She said as she leaned her head back on her arms and fell onto the bed.