Chapter 31 - Luciana

Weeks turned into months as Mikhail and I spent the time in our own little bubble, surrounded by complete bliss. We spent every waking moment with each other as our nights were spent under the sheets until we were both utterly exhausted. Ever since we had confessed our feelings for each other, it felt like a weight had been lifted off of my chest. Months of fighting off the attraction had worn me out - it felt good to finally give in, especially now that I knew that we were on the same page. For the first time in my life, I felt like I had an actual chance at happiness. Although, a part of me was still ridden with guilt. Guilt of not coming clean to Mikhail about Ilaria's letters. To be honest, I hadn't touched another one of her letters after that night, and I didn't plan to either now. I just hadn't found the right time to tell him yet - I just couldn't find it in me to burst our little bubble and possibly ruin what we had. Call me selfish, but I didn't want to jinx anything. So like the coward that I was, I kept my mouth shut.

I had grown to ignore the pointed looks around me from Sergei whenever Mikhail and I would be around the house. Sofia, on the other hand, had been completely ecstatic when I came clean to her about Mikhail and I, two days after the day at the pond. She had held out her hand as Alexei slapped a couple of Ruble bills with a disgruntled face. Too happy to be lost in my world, I hadn't even batted an eyelash at that.

These past few weeks had gone by without a hitch as I fell into a routine. Waking up next to Mikhail, having breakfast with him, Sofia and Alexei in the morning - I don't think I'd ever get bored of Mikhail's affection towards me. One day, he had even taken me to a mall nearby as I dragged him from store to store and as he later on watched me scarf down an entire cheeseburger in a very unladylike manner, whilst chuckling to himself. I don't think that it could get better than this. Truly.

Sighing, I brought back my attention to Mikhail's head in my lap as we sat in the home theatre on the bottom floor of the mansion. My hands unconsciously ran through his soft locks as one hand lay on his hard chest. We were watching one of my all time favorite movies - Up. I had bawled about five times until now as Mikhail consoled me, albeit amused at my emotional distress. What can I say? I guess I really was a softie when it came to old people.

"Malyshka?"

"Hmm?" I murmured as my eyes stayed glued to the screen, too entranced by the animated film.

"I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to the gala tonight."

"Gala? Which gala?" I questioned as I tore my gaze away from the 88 inch OLED screen.

"What is it for?"

"It's a ball of sorts for all the influential families in the Bratva. And since I'm the Pakhan and the Petrovs are the hosts, I have to bring a date. So I was wondering if you'd like to go with me...as uh my girlfriend?"

I smiled down cheekily as I watched my man - the big, bad Bratva leader - blush under my scrutiny.

"Mr Petrov...did you just ask me out?" I feigned innocence as I placed my hand on my chest.

Mikhail rolled his eyes as he lifted his head from my lap.

"Yes or no, malyshka? Because if it's a no, then I have better plans for the both of us. Plans that involve me being balls deep inside of you." He smirked as he quirked one eyebrow at me.

Slapping his chest, I turned my head to hide the smile that was now threatening to split my face in half.

"As much as I am tempted by that offer, I think we should attend the gala. So yes, I would love to go with you as your girlfriend." I replied as I cupped his face and placed a soft kiss on his lips.