Chapter 30 - Mikhail

I laid her down on the plush seat of the car before I revved the engine. The sky had already darkened to a deep shade of blue as we spent all that time showing parts of us that we hadn't yet shown to the world - being vulnerable for once. I didn't look at her the whole way through the ride and kept my gaze focused on the road. I had this strong, primal urge to mark her now. Now that I knew that we were on the same page, I wanted her to know what it felt like to be mine. I wanted every piece of her body. I wanted to cherish it as I slowly memorised every soft curve and dip in her waist. Those hands that comforted and calmed me at the oddest of times. That mouth that gave me a run for my money but made me want to kiss her even harder, until she was in a Mikhail Petrov induced coma. I wanted her - every single part of her. I'd be damned if I didn't take what was mine.

That long car journey probably had to be the longest and most painful I've ever had to endure. Not touching Luciana was proving to be a task as my hands itched to reach out to her, to push that little strand of brown, wavy hair back. I finally gave in and glanced at her, seeing her already staring at me with her lips parted. Once again, I found myself on the verge of saying those three words - the three words that I had only ever uttered to my sister.

Before I knew it, I had already parked the car in the garage. My cock had hardened to the verge of it being painful as Luciana got out of the car, my hand holding hers as I led us into the house. Opening the door, I was met with the darkness as all the lights were shut, not a soul in sight. From what I remembered, Sergei and Dimitri were out God knows where and Sofia wasn't to be seen anywhere either. The househelp had retired for the night as my hand let go of hers at the base of the staircase.

"I should get going." She whispered, the sound seeming too loud in the heavy silence.

"Uh yeah sure."

"I'll see you then Mikhail. Thank you for today. Truly. It meant a lot to me."

"It meant a lot to me too, malyshka." I smiled as I watched her retreat back with a soft good night.

I didn't move from my place until I saw her figure completely disappear from my view. I pressed my fingers to my forehead as I made my way to the living room. Shutting the door behind me, I took a seat on the plush sofa as I stared into the fireplace. The flames danced reflecting the inner turmoil that I was going through. Had I made the right decision by trusting Luciana? I had never been one to be so impulsive but something compelled me to come clean to her at the pond. I wanted her to know all the bad and ugly parts of me before we took this things between us further - figured I'd give her an out before anything more happened between us so I'd save myself the future heartbreak. But that didn't happen. Because she stayed. She fucking stayed even after getting to know all those vulnerable and dark parts of me.

Granted, we hadn't known each other for long, but it felt like this was just meant to be. Me and her forever. Like we'd known each other for our entire lives. And maybe a part of me knew that right at that moment when I first bumped into her, why I was so drawn to her from the beginning. Maybe my stupid heart really did know that she was the one for me. Sighing, I got up, ready to call it a night after such an exhausting day when I heard the door creak open.

"Mikhail?"

My head turned at her voice as she walked in, still in the same clothes that she had one before.

"Luciana...you aren't asleep?" I questioned although I had meant it as a statement.

"No I-I uh...fuck it. I need you, Mikhail."

My eyes flared with heat at her admission as she stepped closer and closer to me.

"Come here." I opened my arms, gesturing her to come closer and eliminate the gap between us.