Chapter 4 - Mikhail

I rested my head against the seat as I tuned out the soft voices around me. The most annoying thing about flights was probably the fact that people didn't know when to shut up - or when to keep their babies at home. I could hear the loud wails of a baby a few rows ahead as I turned in my seat, trying to get some sleep.

Precisely the reason why I strongly disliked babies and kids. They were nothing but a burden - something Sergei could vouch for. Even though I had booked business class for both Alexei and I as well as a couple of my most trusted brothers from the Bratva, there was no evading the disturbances.

Speaking of Alexei, he sat diagonally from me, watching the screen in front of him with a blank stare. Scoffing, I squinted my eyes to take a look at which movie he was watching as I realised that it was none other than 365 DNI.

That movie was the epitome of bullshit and couldn't be further from the truth about the mafia - both Sergio and I could confirm that. Why people enjoyed watching that movie, I still couldn't understand. Although, I must admit, the sex was bomb. Speaking of sex, a thought popped up in my filthy mind.

Before I could stop myself, my eyes unwittingly drifted to the woman in the tight burgundy skirt - Luciana Rodriguez. From the moment her tiny body had bumped into me, she'd sparked a reaction in me. A reaction that made me actually feel like a human for once, oddly enough. That little interaction made me feel human, even if it was for a few moments - a far cry from the ruthless killer that I was.

I stared at that tight peach of hers as I appreciated her curvy body from a distance. There was no doubt that Luciana Rodriguez was a sight to behold - any man with two eyes and a dick could tell you that. But what had really caught my attention was her spunk. There weren't a lot of women in this world that could go head to head with Mikhail Petrov. They usually came to me for a good fuck - nothing more, nothing less.

But this woman...this woman was an exception to every single rule in my books. If I wasn't the monster that I was right now, I may have pursued her. But unfortunately for me, both our lives were different. Where I was the devil, she was an angel. I could see it written on her face, even though her eyes held a certain darkness. She carried light and positivity into every room she walked in as she lit it up with a smile as bright as the sun. I would only dim her light if I ever got the chance to.

One thing was for sure though - I didn't need any woman to distract me from my duties. The Bratva would always come first and foremost for me - at least that was what had been grilled into my mind throughout all these years. Besides, I needed to focus on the task at hand right now.

We were here to avenge the death of one of our brothers. A well known American politician thought he could fuck with the Bratva and get away with it. Well, he was definitely wrong. He had tried to sabotage us time and time again, even though he himself had been involved in shady activities of his own. We were here to teach him that actions always had consequences. The consequence in this case being his life.

Reluctantly, I tore my gaze away from the brown eyed beauty who had managed to catch my eye, as I glanced at the man in the navy blue suit, sitting a couple of rows ahead of me. It seemed that Alexei was observing his every move as well since his attention was no longer on the screen in front of him.

Joseph Wilson - the fucker who was going to kiss his precious life goodbye today. He hadn't yet noticed our presence yet - which worked in our favor obviously. Call me a sadist, but I was excited to see the fear in his eyes once he'd realise who we were and why we had come.

I was simply waiting for the right time to strike. I hoped that no other innocent person would have to go down with him, but if they got in the way, they'd have to end up as collateral damage, sadly.