Chapter 15 - Luciana

Bright light streamed through the floor to ceiling windows that were covered by lush drapes as my eyes slowly adjusted to the morning light. I opened them as I took in my surroundings. It took me a moment to realise that I wasn't in my tiny studio apartment in the middle of the Bronx - instead I was stuck in some huge ass mansion in the middle of Russia. A mansion where you lived with a hot Russian man, my brain taunted me. I groaned as I rolled out of my bed. My back had definitely gotten a good break since it felt like I was sleeping on cotton, unlike my highly uncomfortable mattress back at home. Stretching my body, I walked towards the window and pressed my face against it like an excited child.

A smile broke out on my face as I watched Mikhail help the gardener pluck out weeds. Who'd have thought that he was capable of that? I guess I'd have to taunt him about that later. It would be nice to have him become a flustered mess instead of the other way round, where he was the one who usually taunted me. It wasn't winter yet but I could make out a white cloud of smoke coming out of their mouths. I took in the view in front of me in broad daylight now. Who knows how long I'd have to appreciate it. At this point, I had absolutely no clue as to what Mikhail was going to do with me. Was he going to kill me? Didn't seem like it since if he wanted to, he probably would have done it way before. So what could he want from me? Shit. Had he found out about Papa and my past? Was that why he was keeping me alive? Maybe I was some link or something.

In that second, fear like I'd never known before gripped me. In my lust for Mikhail, I hadn't even stopped to think about what was going to happen moving forward. Whether I was destined to spend the rest of my life here. That thought depressed me more than it should have. I was in an unknown country surrounded by strangers with no clue of what was going to happen next. I'd have to thank my shitty Rodriguez luck for this. Bad luck always seemed to follow us wherever we went. Right from my abuelita who died in a freak accident, to my father who had goons trailing his every move.

I pinched my forehead in frustration as I sat back down. I needed back control of my life again - otherwise I'd go crazy. Maybe I'd talk to Mikhail about it. Yes, I'd do just that. I'd show him that I wasn't his plaything to be locked up and kept inside whenever he liked. Huffing, I decided to take a shower to calm down before I burst with all the pent up emotions over the last few days.

***

My hands trailed over the mahogany banister as I climbed down the stairs. I heard Sofia's voice before I saw her as I stepped into the huge living room.

"I don't care. I'm going whether you like it or not. I -

She stopped abruptly as she spotted me enter. A small smile graced her face as she turned her attention away from Alexei who, for the first time since I'd seen him, had a frustrated expression on his face. From what I'd learnt so far, Sofia could be very persuasive if she wanted to be.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah I did, thanks."

I slept very well actually - all thanks to that mind numbing orgasm I'd gotten last night.

"Well that's great then."

I followed Sofia as she led me towards the dining room - but not before I saw Alexei send a heated glance to her back. Huh. I wonder what was going on there. But all those thoughts regarding Sofia and Alexei flew out of my mind as I saw Mikhail standing at the kitchen counter with his back to us, making a plate of what seemed like scrambled eggs. I watched as he slid the perfectly cooked eggs onto three plates as heat pulsed through my body.

"Hello Luciana? Are you even listening?"

"What? Oh yeah ummm...sorry I lost you a bit there."

Mikhail turned around as his eyes locked with mine. I tore my gaze away from him as Sofia chuckled and sent me a knowing look.