Chapter 20 - Mikhail

Rubbing the heel of my palm over my eyes, I grunted as I watched Luciana scurry away as if her ass was on fire.

"Chto eto?"

"It wouldn't hurt to be a little less rude Mikhail." Pasha Lebedev, the Bratva doctor, muttered as he opened his case.

"I see that the girl has already changed your dressing. Quite impatient aren't you?"

"Just get it over with, will you Pasha?"

I scoffed as I sat patiently while he prodded and poked at my abdomen, making sure that the wound was healing. It was true that I had been through worse than this alone, but it did make me feel better to know that there was someone else that genuinely cared apart from the select few people that I had let in.

My mind wandered to the half kiss that Luciana and I had shared before Pasha interrupted us - cockblocker that he was. If I wasn't already deep in before, I sure as hell was a goner now. My lips tingled with the feel of her lips against mine, even though it had been a couple of minutes already. I had kept the kissing and fondling to a bare minimum with all the other women that I had fucked, but with Luciana...shit, I'd be a content man even if I got the chance to kiss the living shit out of her everyday. To taste her until she was imprinted right into my soul. I could feel my cock harden as I shifted uncomfortably, trying not to make it obvious.

Pasha looked up at me irritatedly as I waited for his check up to end.

"All good." He finally muttered as he leaned away from me.

"Fucking finally."

He ignored my snide comment as he packed up his belongings ready to leave and get out of my hair - he of all people knew that I hated being fussed over. It didn't really help with my ruthless criminal image and shit.

***

The sky outside darkened as uneasiness loomed in my gut. It had been a lot of time since I'd been with a woman - especially not since Luciana had come into my life, which was almost a month now. I tried to convince myself that this attraction would go away once I fucked her raw. But the only problem was that I didn't want to deal with the drama that came after that. I didn't do well with the post sex clinginess and awkwardness and I wasn't sure which category Luciana would fall under exactly.

I tried to think with my brain logically as my cock tried to intervene in the midst of my decision making process. It was screaming and yearning to be buried inside another hot, tight pussy - it had been far too long to be honest. Getting up, I decided that it would be best to get some fresh air. I pushed open my balcony door as the harsh Russian wind nipped at my naked torso. Goosebumps prickled my skin as I breathed out a cloud of white fog. Growing up, the winters of Moscow had been my favorite. We would always build snowmen and play around in the frosty weather until our cheeks turned red and our hands became numb. We'd finally go back inside the house when Dimitri would call us for dinner. Per usual, there would be a whole feast of Russian delicacies prepared by our wonderful cooks. Beef stroganoff, Borscht, Shashlik and Ptichye Moloko for dessert would be awaiting us on the grand table, ready to be devoured by us kids. I smiled as I revelled in the memories of my childhood. Even in the absence of a mother, we had fared well. We were happy. Emphasis on were. Until Sergei decided that he wanted to play the role of a responsible father and married her off without a second thought.

Shit. I didn't want to think about her. Every time I thought I was making progress, an unexpected thought would pop up and I'd drown in guilt once again. Given a choice, I would have escaped a long time ago. This life wasn't for me, even if Sergei and Dimitri thought otherwise. Deciding that that was enough thinking for the day, I retreated inside as the warmth of my room overtook the chilly weather outside.