51 | fire meet gasoline pt II

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Get the fuck away from me," He barks. "You think you're out in the clear you piece of trash?"

When Taehyung turns around, his dark eyes meet mine and his expression hardens.

"We will talk later." He says lowly. "This is between me and Nox."

"Fuck no. You're drunk and you're like a loose cannon now Tae-" I start, but then he interrupts me abruptly. He grabs me by the material of my shirt and pushes me against the wall. His nostrils flare and his breathing accelerates as he raises his fist to hit me when Nox immediately grabs his arm, in an attempt to stop him. She's quite strong as a woman and I can't help but stare in admiration as she twists his arm and with my help, we tackle him so that he doesn't do anything rash. Taehyung, on the other hand has a bigger built than both of us so he manages to shake us off almost effortlessly.

"I asked you to stay with me instead of going to the hospital. I saw it in your eyes that you couldn't handle it. You were on the verge of a breakdown, and I hated that I couldn't do anything to make it better. You had told me about the things that happened in Brimere Route. I never pushed you Nox." He says shakily, looking directly at her. "I never backed you into a corner, I never attempted to force you to talk about sensitive topics. And even when you told me about the collision with those drunk drivers from four years ago, you never told me you trusted me."

"Tae..."

"And now, here we are you're finally saying that you trust him." he finally concludes with a bitter smile on his face. "You could never trust me Nox could you?"

"Of course, I trust you Tae," Nox says. She reaches out to grab his hand, but he pulls away once again then looks away from both of us. Nox looks up at me with teary eyes; what I would do to wipe those glimmering liquid diamonds away from her face...

"Jimin, could you please go?" She asks sweetly. "This is a personal matter between me and Tae."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I retort.

"I can handle him." She says.

"I'm sure you can but-"

"Jimin, please," she begs me with her soft eyes. "I'll be fine, I promise. This has nothing to do with you."

I have no doubt that Nox will be able to handle the situation with caution, but Taehyung is the one who concerns me and more specifically, his actions.

He can be quite reckless when he loses it.

"If anything happens, I'll be outside." I tell her before making my way to the other room.

This isn't my place to speak.

And clearly, she doesn't want me to.

This is between them.

She isn't mine.

So, I take my leave without looking back.

"Whoever comes up with the best pick up line gets to win a date with this crazy bitch!" one of Cassie's old friends' shouts into the plethora of men in the back yard, and everyone cheers in response. A few guys take a few shots of moonshine while some aim for the jugular by going up to her and giving it their best shot. Only a handful guys came up with creative lines, but some other drunken bastards were acting sleazy and the shit they were telling her were borderline creepy. Some people were filming the entire scene, but I made to sure to keep a safe distance because the last thing I want to do is meddle around when this has nothing to do with me.

This has nothing to do with you.

The gravity of her words encumbers the flow of my thoughts. Her words are a harsh relentless cacophony I can't seem to put to a halt. My fist tightens into a fist to the picture of her steel jade gaze fixed on me, warning me to keep my distance. The silence that came after that giving me no room to protest because she knows I'll do exactly what she asks whenever she asks. I'm on my knees for her all the goddamn time, but she doesn't realize it. Ever since her abusive ex showed up at our apartment complex, I protected her against him. I defended her honor without her even having to ask. I saw the pain in her eyes, the endless torment that was like a storm having never met the calm. And maybe that's the problem right now; I care too much about what she has to say, because compared to back then, I acted solely on instinct. I let my intuition guide me when Elijah started banging at the fence, demanding to have a moment with Nox, whereas now, I take everything she says to me into consideration. And I can't help it.