Amber eyes searched her own softly with such a gentle adoration for her.

There was love in his eyes. A gentle kindness she'd never seen before from anyone. His gaze held emotion now as well, at least whenever he looked at her. Maybe others couldn't see it, but she did, and it almost brought her to tears.

No one had ever cared so much for her or considered her feelings like he did.

"Thank you.." Vena whispered softly as she leaned over to rest her head against his shoulder, trying to advert her eyes so maybe he wouldn't assume she was choking back happy tears again.

By now, she didn't know how he didn't view her as weak or too overly emotional. She felt as though she was always either happy crying or really crying about something, it was hard for her to control.

Xiao simply exhaled with a smug little smirk on his face, giving his head a shake.

She already knew what he was going to say- surely something to the effect of how she always thanked him for such "trivial" matters, for things she shouldn't thank him for because to him, they were normal. They were things people should just do for one another out of respect or love, not that he wasn't appreciative of her constant thanks, of course.

It felt good to be appreciated, obviously.

"So, we've also been talking,"

Oh geez, that sentence could lead anywhere, and she couldn't ignore how it made her heart race. Especially after the news they'd just dropped about a super-Harbinger now on the loose who was more than likely completely unhinged, but there's more?

"How about that vacation? I was thinking Mondstadt and go check in on our old friends? We haven't been back in a while~" Aether sang out melodically, as if he really needed to convince her.

Cerulean eyes lit up brightly, practically sparkling at the idea, also thankful it wasn't any more bad news.

"YES! And I can finally ask Albedo and Sucrose about some of their potions! They know way more about the flora local to Mondstadt and there's so much they could reach me- and then I could improve my herbal remedies and-"

"Okay, okay, it's settled then. We can head out in a few days." Aether quickly decided to interrupt the girl before she proceeded to ramble on and on about her herbs and medicines for the next few hours, although still quite pleased by her excitement.

"You're coming too, right?" Vena had almost instantly turned to Xiao, her eyes practically sparkling up at him with an almost child-like excitement.

"Of course." Xiao smirked softly down at her, his heart picking up its beat at her reaction, her happiness always bringing him happiness as well.

It was like an infection, so contagious to him, and he was more than willing to be consumed by it.

She knew he would have to leave any time he sensed dark energy, being one of the only few who could cleanse it, but knowing he would accompany her anywhere always made her happy regardless.

—————————————————————-

"You really are two kindred souls, you see?"