Chapter 53

"Does the air always feel like this?" Finally, the four of them had officially departed, now traveling across Inazuma to get to the main city.

They had taken a couple days rest to allow Vena's wounds to heal enough so she didn't have to wear bandages anymore, and thankfully majority hadn't even left a lasting marking or scar.

"Like what? Like you're breathing in actual electricity?" Kazuha chuckled at her reaction, assuming that it probably was quite odd to someone who hadn't lived in Inazuma most of their lives.

"It's worse on certain islands, but the terrain and environment here is definitely more dangerous than you're probably used to."

"Speaking of that-" Aether swiveled around, now cautiously waking backwards as he faced the rest of his group.

"Any ideas on how you turned into the first human sponge in Teyvat?" Aether joked at Vena, receiving an eye-roll at his joke.

"Why, you want to get zapped?" She playfully threatened with a crack of a smile, lifting her hand up as a ball of electricity sparked and crackled between her fingertips.

"You know I'm kiddingggggg~" Aether dragged out, tossing his hands up as to surrender as he swiveled back around to continue walking forward.

"Honestly, I still don't have a clue," She laughed, letting her hand drop back down to her side.

"I can only control hydro and electro it seems. I'm definitely not like you, Aether. Touching the statue of the Seven in Liyue didn't let me control Geo, nor the Anemo one in Mondstadt." Vena shrugged her shoulders, not having the slightest inkling.

"Well, aren't you from a different world than Aether? You're both not from Teyvat, but you're both also not from the same world originally. Maybe that has something to do with it?" Kazuha mused with a hand cupping his chin, trying to see what lines or possibilities he could draw to maybe help find an answer.

"Hmmm, that's a pretty good theory actually, and honestly I'll probably never know the true answer." Vena sighed as she admired the land around her.

It was vastly different from Mondstadt and Liyue, and some places were absolutely gorgeous.

"Any thoughts, Xiao?" Aether's voice went up in pitch at the call of the Adeptus' name, causing Vena to shoot a quick glance behind her, wondering what Aether was getting at.

"It's likely related to you two being of different worlds." Xiao spoke out flatly, not meeting Vena's gaze when she turned to check on him, signaling something was more than likely making him uncomfortable.

Shaking her head, she knew she couldn't ask openly right now, so she decided to just face forward again and wait until they had time alone.

Sure, Aether had been around most of Inazuma's islands already and could easily teleport them all straight to the city or the resistance group he and Kazuha were apart of, but Vena had insisted on wanting to explore and adventure across Inazuma herself too, wanting to see every corner of Teyvat she possibly could.

"Maybe we should make a camp for tonight, the sun will be setting soon. It's not much farther, so we should make it to the city early tomorrow." Aether suggested as he went off the path of the road, his eyes scanning around for a decent yet flat area to start to set up camp.

"I'll help." Xiao called out once he saw Aether choose a spot, walking over to help him start a fire and set out blankets.

Is he dodging me, by chance?

"Hey youuuuu~" Kazuha's sing-song voice lulled, pulling her attention as she willed herself to peel her eyes from Xiao's back, turning herself to face Kazuha.