Chapter 6

Waking up from a relaxing night of sleep, Vena felt refreshed and oddly happy. Humming cheerily, the girl took her shower quickly, eager to get out and see more of the Wangshu Inn today, like maybe stopping in the loft to read or even going downstairs for a walk.

The painkillers the doctor had given her helped a lot, without making her super sleepy and drowsy like the ones from back home.

A walk sounded super nice, and after judging the pain in her limbs after doing all of her stretches, she decided it was probably safe to take a mild walk, just along the bottom area of the Inn to look at the flowers and smell them a bit.

Reaching into her bag, the girl pulled out her cellphone and earbuds, deciding that walk accompanied by some music was exactly what she needed.

She tended to hide the device from people of this world after realizing that no one else seemed to know what they were, and then entire concept of communication technology like that just simply didn't exist.

Vena had headed down the elevator to the bottom floor, finally getting to see what the bottom level of the Inn looked like, and saw the small staircase leading down that lead out to the grass full of rocks and flowers, bushes and the like.

Slipping her earbuds into their respective spots, she smiled lightly to herself, feeling the gentle breeze nip at her exposed skin as she meandered closer to the gorgeous silk flower bushes that she'd seen nearby, taking in a deep breath as she leaned in to examine them.

Their smell was so calming and clean.

"I know that I should be happy
I know that I should be all these things
It's just that the weather keeps on changing
If only I could be happy
If only for more than just one day
It's that the weather keeps on changing."

The song played through her earbuds, the words causing her skin to erupt in goosebumps.

It was exactly how she'd felt in her old life, and exactly what she was trying to stray away from this time.

She'd always struggled with her mental health, been on countless medications and tried many random things to improve her mental state to no avail.

A black-booted foot came into her view as she was bending down to look at the flowers, effectively snatching her attention as her head snapped up to rest on the familiar blank-expresssioned man named Xiao, stood with his arms crossed as per usual.

"Oh- hi." She quickly yanked the cord of one side of her earbuds out, effectively pulling them both out and into her hand so she could give him her full attention.

"Your friends are looking for you." Came his casual reply.

"They're back?!" The girl's bright blue eyes widened in excitement, her voice raising as well.

"Mhm."

Without another word, the dark-haired man turned back towards the Inn in the direction of the elevator.

Quickly turning off her music and shoving everything back into her backpack, the girl quickly took one of the silk flowers into her hand, wanting to take it up to show her friends who had finally returned.

Plus, it's smell was just pure bliss, and she wanted to be able to enjoy it at least a little while longer.

———————————————————————

"AETHER!"

"VENAAAAA~" The two collided softly in a hug, accompanied by soft and happy giggles.

"How did it go? Did you find him?" Vena pulled back, her eyes scanning Aether's as if they would reveal the answer.