Chapter 58

"Venaaaaaaaa~" The call of her name was faint, so distant, it almost didn't wake her.

A hand softly moved her a little, trying to subtly wake her without startling her.

"Hm..?" Azure eyes groggily cracked open, blurry and still half asleep as she fought back a yawn.

"It's been 14 hours..."

What.

She shot up in bed at that, immediately alert and in panic mode.

"I WAS SUPPOSED TO JOIN AETHER ON HIS COMMISSIONS TODAY." Blankets and pillows flew as she threw them off of herself, almost forgetting she was naked as Xiao's eyes admired her form all over again, causing a hot blush to creep across her features.

Quickly turning away, she rushed to her closet to find clothes, uncomfortable with losing the warmth that had been her bed.

"Why'd you sleep so long, hm?" Xiao's teasing voice reached her ears as she slipped on her usual v-neck t-shirt and shorts, spinning around to face him once she'd gotten dressed.

"What are you insinuating, huh?" A finger pointed at him as she squinted, desperately trying to hold back a laugh.

She had no choice but to turn away, knowing her mouth was going to crack into a smile at any moment as she acted like she was looking for her gloves and shoes.

Xiao's booted foot-steps closed the distance between them as she fished around for her accessories, Xiao stopping her once his strong arms wrapped around her neck from behind again, his lips ghosting the shell of her ear.

"Oh nothing, just that I dicked you down so good you slept like a rock for almost 15 hours." His sultry voice hummed in her ear, turning into a chuckle as her elbow nudged into his rib cage.

So vulgar, and she loved it.

"Oh- SHUT UP." She struggled to sound serious, slipping out of his grasp to finish getting ready before he made her even more late.

He only laughed in response, leaving out of the door to head to the living room, probably to wait on her to finish getting ready, seeing as how he already was dressed and ready to go.

"I already checked with him by the way, he didn't leave without you."

Sharp eyes met his own, causing him to raise his hands in defense and start laughing all over again.

"I didn't say anything- just told him you weren't feeling well and needed more sleep."

She narrowed her eyes at him before sticking out her tongue, turning to leave out of the front door as he followed after.

———————————————————————

"Hey Vena! You're feeling better?" Aether called out to his best friend with a wave as they met each other in Inazuma city.

Vena could practically feel Xiao's eyes burning holes into her back, and she heard him quietly snort.

I swear to the Archons, I'll strangle this man.

"Oh- yeah, I just needed to catch up on my sleep." She waved off nonchalantly, following alongside her friend as he rummaged through various pieces of paper he was holding, no doubt the commissions for today.

"If you aren't feeling up to it today, you should rest. I can easily do these on my own-"

"Hush." The violet haired girl quickly snapped, waving a hand at him in an attempt to dismiss his worries.