Chapter 56

"I guess you could say I was a doctor and a botanist? I heavily trusted science and it saved lives countless times, but herbal medicines and certain ingredients people often used in cooking actually have health benefits that a lot of people didn't know of. Like mint being great to help alleviate migraines. Lavender is often used to help calm and relax anxiety or stress. Lemons and limes are fantastic for nausea. A lot of herbs even have antibacterial properties and can be used to prevent infections. Believe it or not, some of the herbs and ingredients around Teyvat were also in my world, but there's a lot of things here that weren't in my world either and they're completely new to me, so sometimes I like to do some research around the markets and find out what all those things do and what I could possibly use them for."

Oh, how Xiao could listen to her talk for ages. The two often conversed about lots of personal things whenever they were alone in Xiao's realm, especially when they were about to head to bed. Talking to the girl had such a natural way of calming his nerves, helping ease him to sleep despite how often he loved to say Adepti didn't need to sleep.

This occurrence though was after he returned from a hefty night of demon slaying, commonly ending in him coming home injured. He'd seen her various notes and drawings of the flowers and herbs sprawled across her work desk in the living room so he'd inquired about it while she tended to his wounds.

How he adored the look on her face when she talked about medicine and the various ways she could help injuries. The twinkle in her eyes never failed to warm his heart, seeing her so passionate for something. It impressed him more and more each time they spoke of it, her showing him new herbs and combinations, and what they could be used for. She even knew which ones were poisonous, which were safe for only topical use but were toxic when ingested, and which wouldn't be combined with others or could become harmful, but were safe separately. Her knowledge practically knew no bounds and she was telling him something new every day.

"Oh- that reminds me. I brought you something." The raven haired man reached into his pocket, pulling out a couple perfectly preserved Qingxin flowers, all wrapped together with a tiny ribbon.

"Oh my god-" Vena whispered, actually almost choked up by the gift, having rarely ever received any from anyone before and not really knowing how to react.

"How did you keep these from getting ruined in your pocket?" Vena chuckled, trying to blink away the happy tears as she gently took the flowers from him, her eyes glued to them.

"I have my ways," He winked at her, unable to keep from smiling too as his heart fluttered at her reaction.

She's so fucking cute, how is she even real?

"There's an empty vase in the kitchen i could put them in, if you'd like."

"I'd love that. Let me put them over here so they don't get all bloody." She scrunched her nose up at him with a laugh as she quickly went to lay them across a safe counter top across the room, wanting to finish patching him up and applying the topical ointments without accidentally ruining her precious gift from him.

That's the first gift he's ever given me. Oh god. He's so sweet.

The girl was screaming with delight in her mind, trying her best to keep it internalized as she finished her doctor duties, finally giving him the okay to get up and move after a few more minutes.

"Does that feel better? It's a new mixture I tried on myself the other day after a sparing accident with Aether and it's my favorite so far. It healed a lot quicker than the others and I felt like it numbed the pain the best." She was putting all her tools into a cleaning solution to soak and sterilize, noticing Xiao come up behind her as she spoke.