Chapter 42

"Get some sleep, we have lots to do tomorrow."

Vena didn't like the smirk on his face one bit, or the tone of his voice as he spoke to her after leading her to a smaller bed that was off to the side of his own once she'd followed him to what she presumed was his bedroom.

What is this place..?

She was still trying to decipher where she could even possibly be. The design of the building was unlike anything she'd seen in Liyue or even Mondstadt, and the place seemed like it was gigantic.

There were multiple corridors and hallways she'd been walked past throughout the day, clearly displaying the sheer size of the facility, also including Scaramouche's own personal office, bedroom, on top of the dungeon like basement and the medical bay she'd been taken to prior.

Without a word, she simply decided to obey quietly and laid down into the clean and oddly elegant queen sized bed, knowing she wouldn't get even a blink of sleep no matter how hard she tried, but not wanting to anger him further.

Scaramouche clearly had a short fuse, the electricity burn across her wrist still throbbing violently despite having some ointment applied to it by the nurses and being wrapped in gauze, no doubt to try and prevent infection.

And all she'd done was say she didn't mind not getting treated for her injuries; Not even openly defying him in any way.

Indigo eyes remained on her form for a few fleeting seconds before turning away to go rest in his own bed.

Holding her injured wrist close to her chest, she curled her body more into a ball, desperately trying to obtain even some tiny form of comfort during a time like this as she stared out a nearby window into what seemed to be a full courtyard decorated heavily, full of gorgeous bushes of various colored flowers, even appearing to have a huge fountain in the middle.

Even looking outside, the area and the flowers even seemed unfamiliar, adding even more reasons to be uncomfortable, now assuming she was in some unknown land.

Sneznehya maybe? She was aware most Harbingers lived there considering that's where the Tsaritsa resides currently, but she'd heard it was incredibly snowy there.

Once again, in an unknown land, except this time, she was completely and utterly alone.

Besides the murderous psychopaths she was currently imprisoned by, of course.

Is there any hope of them finding me..?

The familiar sting of tears crept upon her, causing her to press her lips into a hardline as she struggled to choke back a sob at the thought.

Aether.... Xiao.....

How badly she wanted to call for him, just on the off chance he would hear her. The only issue being that Scaramouche would hear her too, and no doubt retaliate on either Aether or herself even if Xiao didn't touch a hair on his head. The crazed Harbinger definitely seemed like the petty and vindictive type, especially since he'd clearly mainly captured her simply for revenge because she stood up to him and floored him with one simple elbow right in front of his own men.

And what was Childe up to? What could he possibly have under his sleeve? Vena didn't trust him even for a moment, even if it may of meant her escape. Harbingers hadn't exactly given her a reason to trust them, so far at least.

Despite how frustrated she was about her situation being completely out of her hands, there was quite literally nothing she could do except be as cooperative with the Fatui as possible in order to keep from being injured further.