Chapter 32

"Excuse me, have you seen Ms. Ganyu?" Vena he found herself repeating the same sentence over and over as she ran about the streets, pausing awkwardly around the shops and random civilians to ask around.

"No? Well, thank you anyway."

Fuck. This isn't good.

Feeling her anxiety rising, the girl pushed on regardless, continuing down the streets to ask everyone she could possibly find.

"Excuse me, young lady," an older voice called to her from across the street, beckoning the girl over with a wave of her hand once she'd managed to get her attention.

"Yes?" Vena came up to a stop in front of the elderly woman, slight confusion knotting her eyebrows together as she spoke.

"You're looking for Lady Ganyu, right?"

"Yes, I am." The girl smiled at that, assuming the woman must know where she is, and that she finally found what she was looking for after at least the past 30 minutes of searching.

"Come, child." The older woman beckoned her once more, turning around without another word, heading towards the office of Ganyu's workplace as Vena followed after her eagerly.

As they approached, the woman held up a hand to signal the girl to stop a few feet away as the woman simply continued over up to an odd gentleman who was stood outside the office.

Vena struggled to try and eavesdrop, feeling a tad guilty about it, but was unable to decipher any words due to their hushed voices.

Another hand signal from the elderly women urged the girl to join them now, Vena coming to a stop beside her as she gave the man a small greeting with a nod.

"To the Jade Chamber, right?" He asked her, causing Vena to side-eye the elderly woman next to her, simply getting a nod of her head in response as well.

"Yes."

——————————————————————

"AETHER!" Vena practically shouted in joy as she spotted the long blonde braid from a mile away.

The boy spun around, meeting her gaze, a frown instantly adorning his face as she came up to a stop in front of him.

"You were supposed to stay put!" Aether was clearly irritated at the girl, but not really the least bit surprised.

"Would you have not done the same for me? You can't honestly tell me you would have simply sat around and waited when you knew I was in danger!" She hissed back, knowing his answer already, and the boy just simply exhaled in defeat, proving her right.

"How did you even know how to get up here?" He questioned, turning around to head toward the front of the Jade Chamber, presumably to try to find Lady Ningguang.

"Some old lady actually. I was asking if she had see Ganyu. I was going to see if she could help you." Vena answered sheepishly, accidentally admitting that she actually originally planned to try to listen to him and stay away from Childe, but that you still tried to help but finding others to send his way to help.

"Why am I not surprised?" He laughed as they reached the top, Vena immediately gasping in shock as her eyes widened, her body frozen at the sight before her.

Far out in the ocean was what appeared to be a giant monster that looked similar to a hydra, but made of water.

"Yeah, I forgot to mention that Childe may have found a way to awaken an old god that Rex Lapis had sealed away beneath the ocean back in the Archon war in attempt to draw out the apparently very much living Geo archon so he could steal his gnosis." Aether chuckled sarcastically as he turned back to face the girl, noting her terrified expression.