Chapter 17: Let's hatch a plan!

Start from the beginning

Ironwood: You're still the same as always.

Y/n: Changing the subject I see but no matter, anyway I  better go  now to train..

Ironwood: Wait just a moment. There is one other thing that I wish to speak about. To you to be exact.

Y/n: I'm listening..

Ironwood: Are you sure that you won't return to the military? To Atlas?

Y/n: This again? We've already talked about this and-

Ironwood: Yes. But please, When you came to Atlas and enlist yourself into the army. I'd never imagined that in just a 7 months that  you managed to rise through the ranks in flying colors and earned yourself the position of one of my Special Operatives and became my second in command.

Ironwood: You even saved my life too many times I can count and for that I'm forever grateful. You always go solo as you took on the most dangerous of missions as you rise above them, despite the odds. No one had your drive, your decisiveness, your skills and most of all your will to carry out the mission.

Both of them stops walking as Y/n looks at ironwood who was staring at him.

Ironwood: I am offering you another chance to come back Y/n your friends at Atlas misses you, especially a certain Specialist.....

Y/n just stands there, across from Ironwood as they both stare at each other.

Y/n: ...I don't know General, you have to give me time to think about this, don't get me wrong, I do really like doing missions for Atlas because I like the cold weather there but here in Beacon, it's just.. *Sigh* I don't know, I feel like I don't belong there, in fact I don't belong anywhere...

Ironwood: Hmm..

He puts a hand on his shoulder.

Ironwood: Y/n, do not say that you don't belong anywhere, you have done many great deeds around Remnant, especially  in Atlas as your services there cannot be forgotten but know this, me and Ozpin will have your back and you can count on it...

Y/n looks at the General who smiled at him which he smiled a bit that surprises Ironwood

Y/n: Thank you...... James.

Ironwood just nods in acknowledgement.

Ironwood:  I'll be waiting for your decision at the end of the upcoming Vytal Festival Y/n, whichever it is, I will respectfully accept it..

Y/n just nods before he left Ironwood as he runs towards the direction Beacon Cliff to Emerald Forest bringing out Crescent Nightshade while Ironwood watches him go.

Y/n: (Ozpin and Ironwood.. Sometimes, dealing with these two can be troublesome. Ironwood is understandable due to that Semblance of his... but..)

He stops walking as he looks up, at Beacon tower.

Y/n: (.... with Ozpin... it's a different story.. He's too secretive, making me wary of him...)

_____________________________________________

RWBY were at the Library with JNPR.

Both teams were doing their own respective things.

JNPR were reading while RWBY were playing a board game.

Ruby: Hmmm alright, hmm alright. Yang Xiao Long, prepare your kingdom for battle!

Yang: Bring it on!

Ruby: I deploy, the Atlesian Air Fleet!

Yang gasps at Ruby's move.

Ruby: Looks like I get to fly right over your Ursai and attack your walls directly!